Complaint Review: The Grant Secret Club And Grant Instructor LLC

• Submitted: Fri, May 29, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 29, 2009

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
The Grant Secret Club And Grant Instructor LLC
5348 Vegas Dr., Suite 866 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

The Grant Secret Club, The Grant Secret Club And Grant Instructor LLC Grant Secret Club and Grant Instructor LLC Scammed My Debit Card! Las Vegas Nevada

You can chock me up as another dissatisfied customer of the grant scam! I was searching for a grant program that might benefit my church and came across "The Grant Secret Club". For $1.95 I could get access to the site. I am usually so careful about anything online that requires my credit or debit card information, or even my address, for that matter. Everything looked official, so, I signed up for the access. I do not recall any fine print or other information. Obviously, if there was a statement that to gain access I was agreeing to the terms and conditions, I'm sure I clicked okay, but none of that information is on my receipt for the $1.95.

Two weeks later I checked my checking account and was shocked to find that I was overdrawn by $174 (including overdraft fees of $100) due to an unknown charge for $76.21 that only identified itself as "Check for Me" on my bank statement, which was the same name for the $1.95 entry. I called the Grant Secret Club after hours and got a message machine. I left a message asking for a call back, which I never got. I called my bank and found out that the charges originated in a foreign country. I didn't ask which country. I immediately canceled my debit card.

When I called the Grant Secret Club again during business hours I reached a young lady who was quite belligerent towards me and I could hear people in the background laughing at my concerns over being charged. The young lady told me that when I agreed to the terms and conditions I agreed to the additional charges to use the site and it was all in the information before I clicked "okay." I admit that I probably didn't bother to read the terms and conditions as they are all standard with legitimate companies but I didn't notice anything when I glanced across the information concerning additional charges. I checked my receipt for the $1.95 and it is very vague with no information regarding terms and conditions or other charges. When I asked about reversing the additional charge I was told that all charges are non-refundable. I didn't see that anywhere either. Needless to say, I canceled my so-called membership. I doubt my bank will reverse the charges since I apparently agreed to the charge, so, this is a bought lesson learned for sure.

I am 51 years old and usually very wary of such things, but I dropped my guard on this one and have paid the price. I should have known that $1.95 was just a lure. Shame on me. today, before reporting this to Ripoff Report, I went back to the Grant Secret Club and clicked on the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page (they did not appear as part of my registration) and they have themselves covered. It is clearly stated that if you make any purchase you are agreeing to the monthly membership of $76.21 for the first month and $68.13 for each month thereafter and by doing so you also agree to receive some SBA information at $13.++ per month, which also includes another site at $9.++ per month, totalling over $90 per month (over $100 for the first month)! Obviously, they try to get that first $100 out of everyone, knowing everyone will call and cancel as soon as they notice the charges on their accounts. No wonder they were all laughing at me. I was the dope on this scam, but they won't get another dime from me, that's for sure. I hope this information helps someone else before they get taken in as I did.

Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2009 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-Secret-Club-And-Grant-Instructor-LLC/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/The-Grant-Secret-Club-The-Grant-Secret-Club-And-Grant-Instructor-LLC-Grant-Secret-Club-an-456482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant Secret Club And Grant Instructor LLC