Complaint Review: The Grant University And IWBClub

• Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:Elkridge Maryland
The Grant University And IWBClub
iwbclub.com Nationwide U.S.A.

The Grant University And IWBThe Grant University And IWBClub Charged my card for amounts I did not authorize Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: "FREE" GRANTS - LOOK FOR THE "HTTPS:" DESIGNATION ON WEBSITE!

*Consumer Comment: the whole grant thing is nothing but a scam - BUT YOU CHOSE NOT TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

I signed up for the $1.98 free trial CD and then forgot to cancel, so they charged me $69.95. Now, within the first 7 days, they kept calling my work and my cell phones, and I told them to cancel my membership.

So, when they charged me $69.95, I called them and they said I didn't call them to cancel so I couldn't have my money back. Fine, I put that down as my loss.

Then, a month later, I ahev a charge of $29.95 on my account by IWBClub. When I called their 866 number, I was told that ebause they partner with hundreds of marketing firms, they cannot tell me where this charge happened!!!

I have filed a fraudulent charge claim with my bank.

Sylvie
Elkridge, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-University-And-IWBClub/nationwide/The-Grant-University-And-IWBThe-Grant-University-And-IWBClub-Charged-my-card-for-amounts-I-431472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant University And IWBClub

"FREE" GRANTS - LOOK FOR THE "HTTPS:" DESIGNATION ON WEBSITE!

AUTHOR: A Wise Woman - (U.S.A.)

I was looking for "free" money to go to school. I found "The Grant University" and "The Grant Search Guide Review" at grants-reviewed.org - DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!

The hint for me was when I went to fill in the personal information (including credit card #!) I noticed that there was no "https:" designation for the website, nor was there any privacy icon or key in the lower right-hand corner of my computer. Became suspicious immediately and remembered this website. Thank you, LORD! And thank you, consumers!

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Which is what got you into the Membership Program

FROM (((Link Redacted))) (search on Grant Scams)

The "free money" scam has been around almost as long as the human species. It has more variations than a bulldog has wrinkles but you can count on one thing: the government (any government) does not simply give money away to individuals. Anyone who tells you differently has larceny in his heart. If you give him your bank account number, he will soon have your funds in his pocket.

Below is a tiny sample of the hundreds and hundreds of complaints we receive about the many versions of this scam. It does no good to list all of the names used by these bunko artists because a.) they change all the time and b.) every single free-money government-grant offer is a scam. Period.