Complaint Review: The Grant University, Grant Professor, government-grants-for-women.com, Grantsearch.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:Plymouth Massachusetts
government-grants-for-women.com Internet U.S.A.

The Grant University, Grant Professor, government-grants-for-women.com, Grantsearch.com All Grant Search Websites are part of this scam & are not endorsed by the tv stations claimed. Internet

If you look up government grants or grants for women you will see that the above mentioned websites all have excellent five star ratings for these "free" grant programs.

The problem is these websites are fake and are all part of the scam.

Here is the truth...
I purchased a $1.98 CD from the Grant University. There was no box to check off that I had read terms & conditions.

I was charged $1.98 and then was contacted to confirm and was told I had a free trial membership I never signed up for. The free membership was for seven days, but the CD would be received in ten days.

When I told the person that didn't make sense, he assured me that my free trial would not start till I received the CD.

I asked how they would know when I received it and he told me it would be tracked and added that they have to track it because of the Patriot Act. I don't know why I bought that, but I did.

Sure enough, I didn't receive the CD, but was charged $69.95 in seven days. When I called to cancel they said no... I agreed to the terms and conditions. Even after I explained how their employee lied I had to speak to a manager to get a refund. I eventually got a refund. However, there is more...

You also get signed up for a free trial to Ideal Wealth Builder when you order the CD. I cancelled that using the email address they provided before the 21 days was up, but then I get a voicemail that my account is still active. I still need to see if I get charged the $29.95 for this bogus membership.

Melanie
Plymouth, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2009 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-University-Grant-Professor-government-grants-for-womencom-Grantsearchcom/internet/The-Grant-University-Grant-Professor-government-grants-for-womencom-Grantsearchcom-Al-407415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant University, Grant Professor, government-grants-for-women.com, Grantsearch.com