Complaint Review: The Grant University

• Submitted: Sun, November 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 09, 2008

• Reported By:Great Falls Montana
The Grant University
138 E. 12300 S. Ste. C #183 Draper, Utah U.S.A.

The Grant University the biggest online grant scam- make sure you read the fine print! Draper Utah

I was looking to get a grant for my internet business, and I found the grant university through another website, grants-reviewed.org. The grants-reviewed website claimed that the best grant site online was the grant university. According to their claims, it was only $1.98 for a cd rom with valuable info. They claimed "you just can't go wrong with the grant university."
So, I was eager to try it out. I read through the grant university's website, and thought it was too good to be true. So I read the terms and conditions before submitting any info. As it turns out, after this 7 day 'free' trial, you had to send a written request to cancel the membership or you would by charged $69.95 every month.

I decided for the 2 dollar cd-rom it was worth a try. Right after submitting the info, I wrote out the letter with all the info needed to cancel the membership. I sent it certified mail so that I would know when they received it. They recieved my letter only 2 days after I requested the cd-rom, in fact, someone had to sign for it.

So I thought I was all set, that they couldn't charge me after receiving my letter. Well, I was wrong. The $69.95 charge showed up on my bank account only a few days later. Furious, I called the phone number mentioned in the terms. I was on hold for over a half hour, then mysteriously disconnected. I tried again, no answer.
Clearly, that was intentional. Extremely furious, I called my bank, and they disputed it for me. The $69.95 was put back into my account by my bank. I was relieved. However, that is not where it ends.

The $69.95 was taken out of my account again this month. I was still unable to get hold of anyone from the grant university. I called my bank again to dispute it. It showed up as a "forced post" on my statement, but they are still trying to dispute it for me.

I have kept the receipt from my certified letter, a copy of the letter itself, and the delivery confirmation document. I plan to seek legal action against them. I can't believe that a legitimate business can get away with any of this. I honestly don't think it is legitimate, but I want to make sure that they get me my money back, and that they take their scam off of the internet. In closing, all grant websites are scams, this one being the major scam.

Britt
Great Falls, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2008 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-University/Draper-Utah-84020/The-Grant-University-the-biggest-online-grant-scam-make-sure-you-read-the-fine-print-Dra-389485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant University