Complaint Review: The Grant University

grants.securemediabox.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-2071615
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

The Grant University Refused to send the grant kit after I paid the shipping and handling fee then billed my credit card 69.95 after Internet

I looked up the Grant University online after I saw it was advertised on CNBC , MSN, CNN.com, NBC, CBS, Forbes, Yahoo, Information Week, Esquire, Earthlink and Fox news. As a special for 9-11, they offerred a free CD grant kit for $1.98 S&H. They gave me no terms and conditions other than a disclaimer that said I had a 7 day trial membership to the Grant University Resource Center, and that ,'there may be a monthly fee".

Two days later, I logged on to the Grant University Resource Center, and it was obviously useless information, and the webcasts(podcasts) classes they offerred were empty. I cancelled my membership then and there, just in case they intended on charging me for a membership after my free trial had expired.

Needless to say, I didn't receive any CD grant kit in the mail. I've now been charged $69.95 in September and October that I have not authorized. I've e-mailed and called and they will not reimburse a penny, and won't even send the CD. They said my 'membership expired 10/31/08" - in one reply to an e-mail, which is curious given the fact that I had not gone anywhere near there website, much less logged in since 9/13/08, when I cancelled then. I am contacting my bank to dispute the charges. Wish me luck!

Donna
Gig Harbor, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-University/internet/The-Grant-University-Refused-to-send-the-grant-kit-after-I-paid-the-shipping-and-handling-392373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant University