- Report: #269371
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: The Greatest Vitamin In The World Federal Search Warrant Issued
The Greatest Vitamin In The World Federal Search Warrant Issuedthegreatestvitaminintheworld.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
The Greatest Vitamin In The World Federal Warrant Issued, Issued by Postal Service Phoenix Arizona
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
"azfamily.com (Phoenix Ch 3 TV station's web site) is reporting that the Postal Inspector has issued a federal search warrant on Don Lapre's central Phoenix office, storage facility and his home. He is accused (not charged at this point) with mail fraud, wire fraud, telemarketing fraud and conspiracy. The Feds are saying that his business is not designed to sell the product but to get others to pay a large fee to be 'independent advertisers'. Lapre's program has solicited consumers through out the United States using aggressive and deceptive telemarketing tactics and has sent fictitious sales records to investors' Web sites in order to encourage the investors to re-load with expensive and worthless Internet advertising."
From the historical and recent reports, it looks like he's been in the scamming business since before 2002. I see several red flags.
1. If you get 20 people to try the product, you are supposed to get $1000 (that means you would get $50 for each bottle). Now, in order to make a profit for Lapre, that product should sell for at least $75 to $100. I would never pay that much money for a vitamin.
2. If you get 19 people to try the product, you get $0 and Lapre gets everything.
3. That means he's counting on your NOT being able to get 20 people to try the product. I'm sure that if you could get 50 people to try the product, then he would require you to get 51 people to try the product before you receive a check.
4. His infomercial doesn't tell you the price of the product or how much is costs you to 'buy in'.
5. He's under federal investigation.
6. In 2003, Rip-off Reports have people reporting that Lapre has ripped them off for $1000's to set up 1-900 phone numbers money making schemes and some kind of 'internet cashflow business' (Universal Business Strategies?).
I just love these investigative reporting web sites and consumer advocate programs.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2007 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Greatest-Vitamin-In-The-World-Federal-Search-Warrant-Issued/Phoenix-Arizona/The-Greatest-Vitamin-In-The-World-Federal-Warrant-Issued-Issued-by-Postal-Service-Phoenix-269371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.