Complaint Review: The Green Millionaire

• Updated: Mon, August 16, 2010

• Reported By: Marinesfamily — Jacksonville North Carolina USA
The Green Millionaire

The Green Millionaire Waste of time! And a sneaky scam.. Internet

"Along with the book you'll get a FREE Trial of ... The Green Millionaire eMagazine Improve the quality of your life with timely tips and stories. The Green Millionaire eMagazine is chalked full of clever ways to save. "

This appears below when you go to order the "free" book. What they fail to mention is if you do not cancel in 14 days they will charge your credit card $89.95! The rep I soke to with green millionaire claimed I was sent info with the book WRONG. He then offered to refund half and I graciously refused telling him it was going to be every cent and right now too. After 5 minutes of trying to convince me not to cancell and trying to make it sound as if I couldn't be refunded, he finally realized I was not going to budge and I knew my options. I told him I would simply initiate a chargeback with my credit card and file a BBB complaint. 5 minutes later I had a cancelletion confirmation e-mail and refund is being processed.

At no point during the order process did they disclose the $89.95. I also tried to unsubscribe to the e-mails (before I even knew about the $90) and was unsucessful.

The book offers a few tidbits of info you can readily find on a free site, rep claimed more was in e-mails... umm I looked at a few and was still unimpressed.

This is a scam pure and simple

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Green-Millionaire/internet/The-Green-Millionaire-Waste-of-time-And-a-sneaky-scam-Internet-631848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Green Millionaire