Complaint Review: The Greenpointer

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Jason T — Jersey City New Jersey
The Greenpointer
76 Green St. & 76R Green St. Brooklyn, New York USA

The Greenpointer aka Dwell 76 aka The Mod-Lodge Horrible Experience @ Bed and Breakfast - Dwell 76 aka The Greenpointer aka The Mod-Lodge Brooklyn New York

I originally booked March 22nd - 24th 2014, I only stood one night and asked for my cash back that following morning for the following night. When I arrived the housekeeper "Glenn Hanna" greeted me with, What took you guys so long to get here ? Then said Where are you guys from ? When I answered he said " Then why would you come to brooklyn to stay ? " I was confused why i didnt get a hi or anything. Just by his appearence I should of known what my experience was going to be like.

Firstly I had to leave a sercurity deposit of $100 via paypal in order to book room then pay the second half of $100 on arrival. He actually recomnded I stay at the Greenpointer Room because it had a private bathroom over the phone. So when I arrived it was a bathroom that I actually had to leave the room I was renting to walk down a hallway into the bathroom (where I have to walk pass a door that "Glenn" himself lives in). [continued below]....

..... Which is split between his room and The Greenpointer room by a sliding door and a wooden ply wood in front of it with gaps all in between it.

You can hear a person every move in opp. room. The bathroom had broken glass on floor, the toilet was so disgusting my girlfriend wouldnt sit on it, i cleaned it and convinced her to use it, the sink was dirty and the tub was disgusting (I didnt even want to shower the night i stood.) Claims its a bed and breakfast but serves no breakfast, their website claims they serve coffee and tea when they dont. The Greenpointer room in which I stood was horrible condition ! The wires going into lamps (only lighting in room) were taped and repaired with electrical taper (fire hazard), the 3 rows of bottom blinds on both windows facing street were removed for somereason,

So anyone walking by can see at eye level view into the room because it is on first floor. The pillows,pillow cases, sheets and comforter were not cleaned sheets ( I have proof of it all ). The walls and floor were disgusting ! The pipe in room going into heater had what it look like feces running down it from ceiling. Im just appalled on the condition of this place and its still up and running. I actually was bit by what i think was bed bugs too ! I came home and washed all my clothes ASAP ! in hot water ! If I went to Brooklyn City Hall, he would be shut down asap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Greenpointer/Brooklyn-New-York-11222/The-Greenpointer-aka-Dwell-76-aka-The-Mod-Lodge-Horrible-Experience-Bed-and-Breakfast--1133722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Greenpointer