Complaint Review: The Grout Man

• Submitted: Fri, June 27, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By:Stuart Florida
The Grout Man
1810 SW Gemini Ln. Port Saint Lucie, Florida U.S.A.

The Grout Man Does not live up to their words Port Saint Lucie Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Under New Ownership

*Author of original report: The Grout Continues to ignore consumer

*Author of original report: The Grout Continues to ignore consumer

We hired The Grout Man from Port St Lucie, FL to regrout our shower and color-seal my floor tiles in the bathroom. After job was complete, we called back to have work in other bathroom done. No response. We called for days with no answer. My only thought was that they were fly-by-night and had no intention of addressing a "call-back". After several days, I stated on my message not just to call me, but that I had more work. I was called back in 5 minutes. Hmph. The person who did the original work, Dustin, claimed that Frank, the owner was out of town, and he just got my message. Hmph. (I have phone records to prove all of these calls, thanks to cell phones). Dustin returned to do additional work. He said, "just make the check out to me". He wasn't going to give me a receipt. I had to ask him for it. I also noticed no company van, but a personal car instead. An hour after he left, ironically, the color seal that was in the first bathroom started coming up off the floor. Not taking any chances, I called the bank and canceled the check, smelling a rat. I knew that my calls would go unanswered this time. A few days later, after realizing the check was canceled, Dustin called back. I told him that the job was defective. Several days later Frank called, and arranged to fix the job. He was paid. I now notice that the grout job was done shabbily, and there are many holes that were not filled in. You guessed it, my calls go unanswered. DO NOT USE THESE GUYS. THEY ARE CROOKS. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. THEY CLAIM A TWO YEAR WARRANTY ON WORK. FORGET IT. THEY ARE NOT LISCENSED CONTRACTORS.

Razorback
Stuart, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grout-Man/Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida-34984/The-Grout-Man-Does-not-live-up-to-their-words-Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida-344891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grout Man

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Under New Ownership

AUTHOR: TheGroutMan - (United States of America)

I bought this business off of Frank after he ran it into the ground. I am working hard to build back The Grout Man reputation. I keep my business run by either my self or family unless multiple workers are needed for a job I have a select few good workers that work along side my self or one of my family members. These bad reviews I do believe are probably true from the past owner but I can Guarantee there will not be any more unhappy customers of The Grout Man.

The Grout Continues to ignore consumer

AUTHOR: Razorback - (U.S.A.)

I have called Frank Quinn, The Grout Man for over a week since filing my initial report. He continues to ignore my calls. My shower still has holes where the grout was not filled in properly. I have a documeted list of all of the phone calls via cell phone billing.

The Grout Continues to ignore consumer

AUTHOR: Razorback - (U.S.A.)