Complaint Review: The Guest List

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2003

• Reported By:Williamsville Vermont
The Guest List
734 Franklin Avenue Garden City, New York U.S.A.

The Guest List ripoff Garden City New York

I purchased two airline tickets to practically anywhere in the world with maximum price of tickets not to exceed $1600.00 on October 17, 2003.

I hesitated to buy them because the deal was too good to be true but eventually did because they were on e-bay and I felt that with such a well known company, they must be OK.

I received the claim form for the voucher within 3 days. I submitted it with the $20.00 on October 24, 2003. The stipulation was that this form must be sent in within 30 days to be valid.

I received a web address to track the tickets while they were being processed. I misplaced the address and went on line to find the company. I read of a possible scam so tried to follow up with Square Trader and Paypal which were companies I was referred to by the e-bay web site. Neither could help me.

I did some research and found out that the seller was named Christopher Pierce and was from Ontario Canada. The box number they gave was a mailbox in the UPS Store. The store reported that they picked up their mail regularly. The Garden City Chamber of Commerce was quite familiar with the company from other inquiries.

They finally cashed my check which returned to me on November 19, 2003. I have still not received the voucher and all attempts to contact them by e-mail have gone unanswered. I paid with Americal Express and they are also looking into this for me.

I have never been able to track the voucher on the web address. It consistently comes up being unable to identify that number. I am disappointed because I wanted to give my parents a European trip for Christmas. I don't believe it will ever happen.

Williamsville, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2003 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Guest-List/Garden-City-New-York-11530/The-Guest-List-ripoff-Garden-City-New-York-73926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Guest List