Complaint Review: The Hampton Inn

• Submitted: Wed, August 04, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 04, 2010

• Reported By: Eric — Internet Ohio United States of America
The Hampton Inn

The Hampton Inn Reservation made online..made for wrong date..wouldn't refund money. Internet

On 7/29, I went to the Hampton Inn website(http://hamptoninn1.hilton.com/en_US/hp/index.do) to check the availability of rooms for the days of 7/30 - 7/31.  I found that both days were available and was able to get the accomodations I was looking for.  I made the reservation.  Upon arriving at the Hampton Inn/Findlay, Ohio, I was told that the reservation I made was for 8/6 - 8/7...not 7/30 - 7/31.  I told the young lady I must've placed the wrong dates when making the reservation.  Being that I was already there at the Hampton Inn/Findlay, Ohio..which is 150 miles from where I live..I had to go ahead and get another room.  The only room they had available were smoking rooms.  I accepted the room and paid "another" $180.23.  I was told my the desk person to call 1-800-HAMPTON and tell them about the problem.  I did as she asked.  I called the 1-800 number and was told, more or less, I was out of luck.  They do not refund "any" moneys when reservations are made online.  In my opinion, that is the epitomy of the words:

RIP OFF!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Hampton-Inn/internet/The-Hampton-Inn-Reservation-made-onlinemade-for-wrong-datewouldnt-refund-money-Inte-629103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Hampton Inn