Complaint Review: The Hanover Insurance Group

• Updated: Thu, November 22, 2012

• Reported By: Bob — Bristol Connecticut USA
The Hanover Insurance Group
440 Lincoln St. Internet United States of America

The Hanover Insurance Group Citizens Insurance America Bad Faith, Fraud & Deception Internet

Stay as far away from these con artists as possible!!!!

A complaint with the Connecticut Insurance Commissioners Office and Lawsuit have been filed.

The Hanover Insurance Group had never contacted me following this accident. I made a number of attempts to contact them by leaving voice mail messages and online contact to no avail. When I finally made contact with them, their representative George Vasquez said they tried to contact me and sent letters out to my address. I was upset with their false claim.

I informed him that my phone number is listed in the phone book,  additionally the police report lists my Insurance Company Amica and my policy #. If they really wanted to contact me it wouldnt be that difficult. Carl Ricci their appraiser inspected my vehicle on 11/13/2012 and left me a copy of what he wrote.

When I spoke to Colin Young he informed me that he didnt know if Hanover was accepting liability and he would talk to his manager and call me back. [continued below]....
..... When he called me back he said that they would agree to pay 50% of the damage estimate, because there are conflicting stories.

I stated that the police report clearly states that Fiorillo was found at fault and issued a verbal warning for improper passing. When I saw there was no changing his mine, I told him I would pursue legal action for my
damages.

As a side note, at the accident scene when I spoke to Officer Thomas he explained to me that he was going to issue a written infraction to Fiorillo, but Fiorillo stated that his wife was in the hospital, and might have to have her foot amputated. He felt that he had enough on his plate, and a verbal warning was issued because Officer Thomas felt sympathetic for Fiorillo..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2012 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Hanover-Insurance-Group/internet/The-Hanover-Insurance-Group-Citizens-Insurance-America-Bad-Faith-Fraud-Deception-Inter-972566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Hanover Insurance Group