Complaint Review: The Hartford Insurance

• Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: Edward — Wesson Mississippi United States of America
The Hartford Insurance
P O Box 13829 Sacramento, California United States of America

The Hartford Insurance Cheated me out of full amount of disability payments. Paid 20% instead of 60%. Sacramento, California

Between The Hartford and my employer, Swift Transportation, I was cheated out of the correct amount of disability pay. Hartford only looks back 30 days to figure the amount of money you earn, according to the policy my employer purchased. They are supposed to include any pay earned up to the disability, not paid. I also had vacation/other pay from my employer I should have been able to use in the total amount. The previous 60 days I had been home several times for doctors visits, lab work, medical procedures, one resulting in an infection I was hospitalized for, and not allowed to use my three weeks vacation/other pay either.

I paid for benefits for ten years and when I needed them I was cheated. My employer had to approve the amount of disability benefits I was paying for, so when I applied for them I thought I would get that amount. Only Hartford never told me how they figured the benefit amount, so it came as a shock.

All of this happened in May of 2008 and I have been fighting with Hartford and Swift ever since to get the correct amount. I would just like my three weeks vacation/other pay and my last earned pay check included in the amonut for the 30 day look back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Hartford-Insurance/Sacramento-California-95853-4829/The-Hartford-Insurance-Cheated-me-out-of-full-amount-of-disability-payments-Paid-20-in-684422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Hartford Insurance