Complaint Review: The Hartford

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: pennyun — Dallas Texas United States of America
The Hartford

The Hartford aarp.thehartford.com Auto Policy # 55DTX440565 Took money from my checking account December 24, 2012 after I requested the policy be cancelled because of the increase amount. The policy was paid up to December 31, 2012. I was told until I prove to Internet

I had car insurance with The Hartford and received a quote for 2013, the insurance went up $600.00 and I asked them to cancel the policy and was told it waould expire January2, 2013. On December 24, they took $147.00 from my account and when I asked them to refund my money I was told I could not receive my funds until I prove to them I had insurance on the vehicle. The automobile is not financed through Hartford my question was to them what law said this? No answer from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Hartford/internet/The-Hartford-aarpthehartfordcom-Auto-Policy-55DTX440565-Took-money-from-my-checking-ac-1002151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Hartford