Complaint Review: The Help Card

P.O. Box 829 Springdale, Arizona United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-935-3368
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

The Help Card processes for Tempurpedic mattress co, Paid as agreed and paid off EARLY and they gave me a negative credit rating!!! Springdale, Arizona

*Author of original report: I said Banker not lender

*Consumer Comment: What?

I bought a tempurpedic Mattress and they financed it thru the Help Card.  I went through a divorce and things got tight for a couple of months.  I called The Help Card to let them know I would be paying on my account I just needed payment arrangements for a couple of months. They gave me the arrangements(of course I had to pay all kinds of fees) and I paid as agreed.  I got back on my feet and not only paid the account off IN FULL, but I paid it off early as well.!!!!!

Recently, I went over my credit report and could not believe my eyes.  The Help Card had given me an adverse  credit rating!!!  That is unfair and uncalled for!!! I kept my end of the agreement and then some!! Then they have the NERVE to give me a Negative credit report!!!  I could understand if they had to pull teeth to get me to pay!! But they didn't, I called them and was trying to do the right thing! I felt even better when I was able to pay them off!! Their interest rates and unfair fees should be illegal!!

What is a consumer to do!! Companies like this have the power to ruin your credit, but where is MY power!!! who is going to listen to my side!!  I have been a banker all my life and companies like this give all financial companies a bad name!!!  You do not agree to something with a customer and then turn around and file false and negative credit reports!!!!  who do I contact to get this off my credit!! What are my rights!!!  I want this off my credit and resolved and will contact whomever I need to make that happen!!

I have worked far to hard to achieve a good credit rating and I am NOT going to allow a company like this to ruin it because of their unfair business practices!!! The Help Card needs to be audited and fined for false reporting!! The Help Card obviously does not have to follow the same guidelines as banks!! Who do I contact to resolve this dispute?? And by the way, this big wonderful tempurpedic  mattress with it's 20 year warranty is NOT WORTH IT!!! I highly doubt they are going to back their warranty since they started out with deception anyway!!

That deception being their willingness to finance me and then stick me with an outrageous interest rate and MULTIPLE fees!!! Please advise.  Thank you for your time.  And by the way if this company is suppose to Help people, I think they need to rethink the way the do business and the RUDE staff they hire!!! If I had of talked to customers the way they do, I would have been fired!! Please assist with advice.  I am afraid to use the word Help!!    Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2011 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Help-Card/Springdale-Arizona-72765/The-Help-Card-processes-for-Tempurpedic-mattress-co-Paid-as-agreed-and-paid-off-EARLY-and-771047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Help Card

I said Banker not lender

AUTHOR: LJH - (USA)

I would like to respond to whomever questioned my banking knowledge.  I worked in Security and  Fraud on DDA accounts (Demand Deposit Accts.) so NO I do not know the regulations on this type of finance.  We actually had rules and laws to go by.  Yes, I did set up brief payment arrangements and was not 30 days past due.  I just couldn't afford the full payment amount.  I do not know YET exactly what they put on my credit report except that it was an 'adverse" report as opposed to a "satisfactory" report!! When it comes to finance i do know that there is such a thing as reg Z- look it up.  It requires a company to disclose ALL fees and the total paid in interest, etc.
 Since this account was not only paid in full, it was paid early and CLOSED by me!!  Had I even suspected that they deemed my account adverse, I would have resolved it at the time!! This was not a bad account, they did not charge off a cent and I PAID it and closed it.  Which I honestly believe caused the problem.  The interest rate was outrageous and THAT was not disclosed at the time by Help Card.  Nor where the fees that were charged for everything, including fees for  payments made whether it be by phone, internet, however.  Granted I have been on disability a while and out of the banking industry but that doesn't change the fact that I know good business practices and I know questionable ones.  This company is a questionable one.  This is an exact example of why some companies are charged more to accept credit cards.  It is because they are a risk or their practices were.  However, in the case of the Help Card, it is an independent card, therefore they would not be held to the same standards as MasterCard or Visa. Independent cards can also report differently than banks.  I will get this off my credit!! That I can promise you.  I have learned along the way to keep a paper trail.  that's what this is.  i was a good customer for The Help Card and I certainlyfulfilled my end of the agreement.  So NO they did not have a legitimate reason for an "adverse" rating and this WILL be reversed.  A banker and a lender are two different things.  Banker of course covering many aspects, where the term lender speaks for itself.  It is not smart to assume that just because a company reported something these days does not necessarily make it FACT!!

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- You were a banker all your life and you don't know what to do?

Okay you never said what this negative information is, so it is hard to tell you what to do.  Was it just a late payment or was it a Charge-Off that shows you still owe a balance?  If you were really a banker you must know that those are two totally different things that each have a different effect on your overall credit rating.

It looks like your problem can be traced to this one statement.

- If you were legitimately 30+ days late and they reported you as such, that is a VALID listing.  It doesn't matter if you later got current or later were put on payment arrangements.  It is your credit HISTORY and your history would show that you were late at one time.  If they payment arrangements were such that you were not paying the minimum required each month you could still be late, and be reported as such.  If you were so late that they did in fact charge-off your account where you later payed it off with a collection agency, the charge-off is valid.

Those are just some very general examples.  Perhaps you could give a little more detail as to what actually happened.