Virgin

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 28, 2009

• Reported By:Piedmont South Carolina
The Help Card/HC Processing
Po Box 2122 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

The Help Card/ HC Processing This company has really screwed us on our Sleep Number bed! We found all this out little too late though. I was sending more than the pmt and the balance was never decreasing. The compant told me that my acct would be paid off oneday and thats exactly what they said to me. When we purchased the bed I was told that our acct would be paid off in 36 months and that wasnt nothing but a lie!! Tulsa Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Buyers please pay attention when purchasing

When we purchased our bed the lady in the Sleep Number store told us that our bed would be financed for 36 months. I had made about 2 pmts before I realized that our balance wasnt going down. I called the The Help Card and was asking them why wasnt the balance decreasing the the man that I was speaking too told me that "It just wasnt" so then I proceeded to ask when this acct would be paid off and he told me "Oneday". By this time I was enraged and ask him why I wasnt informed of this and he told me "I dont know". This company has caused us financial distress and a lot of money that has been wasted! We love our bed and are glad that we bought it but this company should be fined and shut down!! I wish there was some way that this company could be made to pay the customers back for what they have screwed them for!!

Leslie c
Piedmont, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Help-CardHC-Processing/Tulsa-Oklahoma/The-Help-Card-HC-Processing-This-company-has-really-screwed-us-on-our-Sleep-Number-bed-W-306407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Help Card/HC Processing

Buyers please pay attention when purchasing

AUTHOR: Nreality - (U.S.A.)

As a current employee of Select Comfort, I am well aware of the process for financing a bed. It is not very different from buying a car. The most important factors are (1) All of our extended financing offers are on "approved credit as determined by our lenders (2) actually reading the financing applcation terms and conditions when you sign and the the reciept as well. With this stated we use 2 different lending institutions. GE is the first teir bank and the bank that offers the extended no interest financing. For customers who are not picked up by GE there is the secondary lender of HelpCard. They normally offer a maximum of 3 months of no interest. Either way if payments are made in this window then they would be solely towards the principal. Futhermore when a bed purchase is made it is clearly stated on the sales reciept that the customer is given a copy of which bank they are financing with as well as length and period of interest free payments. So all in all there are no deceptive practices just the normal excitement of purchase and a neglect to understand the current credit worthiness as well as reading what is being signed.