Complaint Review: The Home Depot Online

• Submitted: Wed, September 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Sue — Broseley Missouri United States of America
The Home Depot Online

The Home Depot Online Home Depot Pricing Error excepted order,sent confirmation then renigged on fulfilling order, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Honestly now

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your disappoinment, but...

I am a 59 yr old disabled woman on fixed income.  On 9/4/2012 while looking for lumber in building supplies an offer popped up for wall tile $.07 cents per sq  ft . I figured it was an error but then they also posted 12.5 sq feet in a case for $.90 so I figured clearance and I jumped on it.

I ordered 50 boxes so I could do my entire bathroom and the back splash in my kitchen.  What a great deal.  I placed my order and they gave me free shipping.  Wonderful !!

I waited and on 9/11/2012 I received one case by USPS.  Some of the tiles where broken so I called the number on the packing list and they agreed to replace the broken pieces. I ask if my tiles were being shipped one box at a time and was assured that would not be the case.  No mention that the 50 pieces in that case were considered to be the entire shipment. Logic would tell anyone the shipping charge they waved  for $393.39 was not for one 31 lb case of tiles.  I waited another week and have made several calls to find out where the rest of my tiles were.

I was led to believe any day I would receive my tiles,so I ordered the glue, spacers,drain fitting,grout and hair screen so I would be ready to get the crew to working on my bathroom. This morning 9/19/2012 I decided enough is enough so I called and asked to speak to a supervisor.

After arguing with a rep I was finally transferred to a person named Cristy.  She said warehouse says the 1 box was the complete order and I would get no more. So it cost me $47.35 for a 12.5 sq ft of wall tile.  By the way when the error was discovered, the price was immediately changes to $1.79 per sq ft. and a case $22.38. So you tell me where the logic is in all this.  The only way they will settle this matter is for me to return everything and be credited my cost and I lose.....

False advertising I thought was against the law and I will not be the loser without telling the world if necessary.  This whole situation has messed up my already inflicted nerve problems. I am already being treated for depression and anxiety among other problems and this has caused severe stress.

Someone,  please stop this kind of treatment.  Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Home-Depot-Online/internet/The-Home-Depot-Online-Home-Depot-Pricing-Error-excepted-ordersent-confirmation-then-renig-943525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Home Depot Online

Honestly now

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Did you really think they were selling a case of tiles for $.90?

It was apparently an error.  Making an error in an advertisement does not constitute false advertising.

Sorry for your disappoinment, but...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

if they "excepted" your order, why did they ship ANYTHING? Did you perhaps mean "accepted?" Here's what's on their site and is very similar to other online sites...It's in their Terms of Use....

While our goal is a 100% error-free Site, we do not guarantee that any content is accurate or complete, including price information and product specifications. If we discover price errors, they will be corrected on our systems, and the corrected price will apply to your order. Home Depot reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted and accepted).

"False advertising I thought was against the law and I will not be the loser without telling the world if necessary."

How, then is this false advertising and against the law?

What , also, does being a 59 year old disabled woman on a fixed income have to do with anything? Did they treat you differently because of this? Is this a ploy to garner extra sympathy, or are your thought processes screwed up?

"This whole situation has messed up my already inflicted nerve problems. I am already being treated for depression and anxiety among other problems and this has caused severe stress. Someone, please stop this kind of treatment. Thank you "

The "severe stress" you inflicted on yourself....grow up.

NO RIPOFF