• Report: #209923

Complaint Review: The Home Depot, TrafficMaster, Tile Perfect, Roanoke Companies Group

• Submitted: Thu, September 07, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, January 04, 2009

• Reported By:Royal Oak Michigan
The Home Depot, TrafficMaster, Tile Perfect, Roanoke Companies Group
1105 S. Frontenac Street Aurora, Illinois U.S.A.

The Home Depot, TrafficMaster, Tile Perfect, Roanoke Companies Group ripoff faulty product grout Aurora Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Similar experience

*Consumer Comment: Traffic Master Stainproof grout is a great product

My husband and I purchased TrafficMaster Stainproof Grout at the Home Depot. We were told it was the same as traditional grout, but was stainproof and didn't require a sealer.

We used the product and 8 days later, our grout isn't firm and, according to the company, it never will be. It's also still water soluble, which is unacceptable for a shower installation (which, the product's website explicitly states this product is 'ideal' for.)

My husband and I have been without a bathroom for 4 weeks now, and are now having to remove this faulty product from our bathroom floor and shower.

We are currently fighting with The Home Depot and TrafficMaster/Tile Perfect to have them pay to have this product removed by professionals.

Melissa
Royal Oak, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2006 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Home-Depot-TrafficMaster-Tile-Perfect-Roanoke-Companies-Group/Aurora-Illinois-60504/The-Home-Depot-TrafficMaster-Tile-Perfect-Roanoke-Companies-Group-ripoff-faulty-product-209923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Home Depot, TrafficMaster, Tile Perfect, Roanoke Companies Group

Similar experience

AUTHOR: Phil - ()

I know this complaint is several years old, but I had a similar experience with the Trafficmaster stain-proof grout I got from Home Depot in late 2004. Installing it in my shower was a nightmare, as it never hardened enough to adequately sponge off the excess without pulling the still-wet grout from between the tiles. And then, when it did dry, hundreds of pinholes opened up in the lines of the grout, and the excess -- which I had to leave on the tile for an inordinately long time -- was almost impossible to get off. I had to use a razer blade, I think.

It is now 2013, and I need to remove some sections of grout near the tub due to mold. I was surprised to find that, nine years later, it was still pliable, like caulk. Instead of a grout cutter bit to chip the old grout out, I simply used a knife to cut it away.

There was some water behind the tile at the lip of the tub. I don't know if that's the fault of the grout or the caulk. But that, and the continued softness of the grout, makes me worry that it is not doing its job and water may be getting behind the tile. I'd like to know if anyone has begun legal proceedings against either Home Depot or Stainmaster regarding this clearly inferior product.

Traffic Master Stainproof grout is a great product

AUTHOR: Rlfromwyoming - (U.S.A.)

I have used trafficmaster stainproof grout on 3 projects, 2- bathrooms w/shower and 1 kitchen. I love this product, it goes on well and does what it says. I have used my shower for 3 years and have not had any problems what-so-ever and it still holds its color and I did not ever have nay problems with the grout not setting up.