Complaint Review: The Home Depot

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Tamara — Norfolk Virginia United States of America
The Home Depot
P. O. Box 6926 Norfolk, Virginia United States of America

The Home Depot CITIBANK Credit Card Fraud. Suggested I enroll in hardship repayment program which has destroyed my credit. Norfolk, Virginia

After becoming critically ill, (my husband is the recipient of two liver transplants), I contacted The Home Depot to discuss his condition.  He was forced to retire on disability and could no longer work.

CITICORP Credit Services recommended he enroll in the hardship repayment program, closed the account, reduced the interest rate and indicated this enrollment would NOT affect my credit rating.  I have faithfully made this payment as required.

I recently received a credit report as we had to purchase a new vehicle.  The Home Depot has reported my account late for 24 months!  This has destroyed our credit and we need to have this resolved and corrected.  In good faith, I enrolled in this program and now have been misled.  When I first noticed the late payments on the statement, I contacted the Credit Department.  They assured me there was nothing being reported to the credit bureaus.  This has been reported and is a gross miscarriage of justice.

I clearly need assistance in having our credit rating repaired.  Please help me with this problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Home-Depot/Norfolk-Virginia-23503/The-Home-Depot-CITIBANK-Credit-Card-Fraud-Suggested-I-enroll-in-hardship-repayment-progra-735162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Home Depot