Complaint Review: The Home Depot

• Submitted: Fri, May 18, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2007

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
The Home Depot
7677 E Broadway Blvd Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

The Home Depot Rebate Ripoff and gift card RIPOFF artists Tucson Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: again, I say

My wife and I purchased $12,000+ in new GE Profile appliances for our new home. From this purchase we were to receive 1) a $55 dollar delivery rebate, and 2) a $950.00 dollar gift card as a result of a GE Profile promotion that was going on.

These purchases ocurred in Dec '06. I sent all the required documentation (e.g. receipts, rebate forms, etc) to the addresses provided. The information I sent was received in good order and the website (http://homedepot.rebatestatus.com) showed both the gift card and delivery rebate being shipped.

They request you allow "at least" 30 days for delivery; a pretty liberal timeframe. Well, 40 days go by and no gift card and no rebate compensation.

I called the Customer Service agent who said "...not sure why you haven't received them yet, I'll re-issue them". After verifying the address at least four (4) times another 40 days goes by and still nothing. I call again, this time I'm told the gift card had a zero balance. This is odd since 1) I had not received the card or rebate and 2) I have a lock box on my mailbox preventing others from stealing my mail.

So either 1) my mail person stole the card or 2) the issuing rep at Home Depot pocketed both.

At this point I ask to speak to a supervisor. I'm then connected with the "Resolution Team"(RT). I spoke to the RT service rep who admitted "...this was a huge problem for some reason". I asked if my name was put on the gift card/rebate to insure I'm the only one that could use the card/rebate and was told "NO"; just an accounting number. How convenient!!!

I do of bit of checking on Home Depot rebates online and see that many others have experienced similiar, if not the same, problems getting their due compensations.

To date (5_18_07): I still haven't received either the gift card, or the delivery rebate. You would think "The Home Depot" would hold up their end of the deal when you spend money in their store.

I will NEVER shop at Home Depot again. It would have been more profitable for them to just honor their incentives then to play the game they're playing.

All I can say is "ACE, IS THE PLACE".

Dana
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2007 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Home-Depot/Tucson-Arizona-85710/The-Home-Depot-Rebate-Ripoff-and-gift-card-RIPOFF-artists-Tucson-Arizona-249279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Home Depot

again, I say

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

Call the store managment team!

They will be more than happy to assist you with this.

I must work at a wonderful store because when this happens, we will give the value of the rebates back to the customer as a refund on their order.