Complaint Review: The IRS

*Consumer Comment: Karl

*Consumer Comment: Jeanski,

*Consumer Comment: to Karl

*Consumer Comment: Marcus,

I am a retired USAF Sergeant and a 100% disabled vet, so I do not have a whole lot of income even though I have a full house with my wife and 4 dependents.  I need every cent I can get.  The past two years, 2010 and 2011, the IRS has held up my refund because someone stole my identity.  It took almost a year for my 2011 refund to settled.

I have lived at the same address and had the same phone and family members since 1991.  Yet the IRS told me they do not check things like that to ensure taxpayers against fraud.  The person that stole my identity just claimed himself and he got a larger refund than I did by about $3000.  The way the IRS is set up, the first person to send in your social security numbers wins your refund, even if you have to pay!

This is pure negligence and a huge breach of privacy and security.  If you are off 1 red cent you are before a judge, but since the IRS does not have the time anyone can pretend to be anyone and get away with it because they do not check prior personal information.  This two year incident has left me deep in debt and behind on things I could have taken care of long ago.  All I can say to my fellow taxpayers is file early...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-IRS/Washington-District-of-Columbia-/The-IRS-Tax-Fraud-Washington-District-of-Columbia-1024267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The IRS

Karl

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Title 26, US Code states:

61. Gross income defined:

(a) General definition: Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:

(1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;

I don't have to call anyone. All the respectable lawyers and tax experts (including the IRS) are pretty busy this time of year and don't want to be bothered with your nonsense.

Even without my being able to find this (in about 10 seconds), don't you think that if there was a way out of paying taxes that SOMEONE would have told us by now? What about all your tax accountants, the IRS, etc.?

Put your tinfoil hat back on.

Jeanski,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Simply ask a certified public account, a tax attorney, or an IRS employee the following question:

*Is there a law that requires an American worker who earns money on his or her labor to pay Federal Income tax?

If they say 'yes', then have them provide you with a copy of that law and post it here for all of us to see. Thank You.

to Karl

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

As usual, your post is off topic and misleading. I don't know about the first item regarding the prisoners, but on the second one you are totally off.

The article "IRS loses challenge to prove tax liability" is often quoted as a reason for people to not pay taxes. In fact, the ruling had NOTHING to do with the legality of the taxes - which are 100% LEGAL according to the Supreme Court.  What the article states is that the defendant, Tom Cryer, was found to have acted in good faith when he didn't pay tax.  Since the IRS lost on THAT element of the "crime", Mr Cryer was acquitted.

Why not do some critical research before you post such nonsense?

Marcus,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

You can 'Google' this- PRISONERS CASHED IN ON HOMEBUYER TAX CREDIT, and read the related articles on the web about the 1,200 prison inmates who defrauded the taxpayers of America by applying for the $8,000 first-time buyer tax credit from prison.

You can also 'Google' the following in order to learn more about the IRS-

1) AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM