Complaint Review: The Ideal Feet Store

• Updated: Sat, September 19, 2009

• Reported By: Rick — Austin Texas USA
The Ideal Feet Store
2438 West Andersen Lane Austin, Texas United States of America

The Ideal Feet Store Horrendous Customer Service; Unacceptable Wait Times; Rude; Won't Answer Phones Austin, Texas

My wife and I purchased orthodics and shoes. First off, $400 for a piece of plastic is insane, but we were desperate and looking for relief. We should have known that any store that will not refund your money is not to be trusted.

In any case, the shoes we ordered were supposed to arrive in 4 days. After more than a week, my wife went to the store (on the other side of town) to pick them up. She arrived to find out that the shoes had not arrived and that someone would call her when they came in. Someone should have called us on day 4 to let us know that they weren't in yet.

Another week passed and still no call, so my wife called multiple times and left messages because no one will pick up the phone. Still no call back. Finally, on week 3 we get a call saying the shoes were in. We go to pick them up and they're the WRONG SHOES!

When we tell the person to give us our money back he says that we have to wait till the end of the month for corporate to cut us a check! Are you kidding me! Just credit our card back - it's really easy! OK, so I guess we have to wait to get our (shoe) money back, but that's not all. Since the original inserts were not helping, we needed an adjustment. So, after making us wait 3 weeks for wrong shoes and another 4 weeks to get our money back, they then made us wait for 2 HOURS in the store for the staff to help us! I cannot express how rude this was. I understand the store was busy, but we are existing customers that had our order screwed up. I would expect that the staff would do everything they could to make it right before helping new walk-ins. Instead your staff serviced other people first and moved at a snails pace.

We will never go back to this store again and we are sure to let everyone know how they treat your customers. By the way, I tried to contact the company directly with this complaint, but as I mentioned no one picks up the phone. We called 4 stores in 2 states. One number was disconnected and no answer at any of the others. Their website also does not list a corporate office. BUYER BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2009 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Ideal-Feet-Store/Austin-Texas-78757/The-Ideal-Feet-Store-Horrendous-Customer-Service-Unacceptable-Wait-Times-Rude-Wont-An-497365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Ideal Feet Store