comfort

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 14, 2014

• Reported By:leduc Alberta
The International Award Payment Center
1401armour Road. Suite 300. N. Kansas City Missouri 64116, USA Leduc, Alberta Canada

The International Award Payment Center "stated that I had won $15,000.00" Leduc Alberta

*General Comment: CBC Edmonton

*General Comment: I have same letter like your.

*Consumer Comment: You got a double rip off

Today I recieved a letter in the mail fromthe International Award Payment Center saying that I have won $15000.00, and all you have to do is answer a skill testing question and send $20.00. But if you ready the whole letter the third paragraph down sounds fishy.

"this award of $15,000.00comprises a cash sum budgeted and allocated to an international skil competetion program, but as yet unclaimed by any winners. Our office has been charged with liquidating the $15,000.00 and disbursing funds to final certified winners"
This doesn't even make sense!!! So everyone Beware on the subject line it is a blue series VII. I was curius though and I did some research on it and found that yes it is a scam!!! Why should you have to pay if you have won!!!

So I called the number on the back and ask some questoins like is this a scam the lady I spkoke to said no you couold call the better bussiness assoc. if you'd like. Then I asked why do I have to send money if I have won! She replied YOU HAVEN'T WON THE 20$ IS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE COMPITION, I then asked so if I send you 20$ when do I win? She repield there is 3 more rounds of skill testing questions that they will send and that's how they get the winner, because you need to answer the questions correctly. She also stated that they are allowed to charge a fee to have people enter into a contest. SO TO ALL BE WARNED THAT THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Robin
leduc, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Award-Payment-Center/Leduc-Alberta-T9E5N5/The-International-Award-Payment-Center-stated-that-I-had-won-1500000-Leduc-Alberta-425153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Award Payment Center

#1 General Comment

CBC Edmonton

AUTHOR: Lisa - ()

Hi- I am an associate producer with CBC Edmonton. Looking into this company.

Would like to hear more about your experience. Please call me--Lisa Mathews @ 780.468.7442 (W)

#2 General Comment

I have same letter like your.

AUTHOR: Steven - (United States of America)

I got a letter that say 15,0000 dollar winner.  But I haven't started to pay yet and I don't believe it really telling it truth.  It is same as your letter too.

You got a double rip off

AUTHOR: fuzzybut - (United States of America)

Hello, I received the same letter with a little different offering, I only had to send in $9.00; I guess they figured money was getting a little tight and they needed to lower their price to get more "comers".