• Report: #120181

• Submitted: Sun, November 28, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, January 03, 2005

• Reported By:Hessmer Louisiana
The International Library Of Photography
3600 Crondall Lane Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Library Of Photography ripoff, scam, dishonest, lying, crooks Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Lost Plaque

*Consumer Suggestion: The ISP is an outstanding organization worthy of respect helping all photographers

My photo was selected for publication by The International Library of Photography. They told me my picture would be published in they're book titled Endless Journeys. I was supposed to get the book in the Spring of 2004.

This is the copy of the postcard that I got from The International Library of Photography. It says that my book was yet AGAIN delayed for the FOURTH time! To my surprise, the title of the book has been changed also from Endless Journeys to Paths of Perception. Does this company have a clue what they are doing? Well the postcard says I should receive my book before April 2005. Something tells me that around March 2005 I will be getting another postcard stating it will be just a bit longer until I get this book that probably does NOT even exist.

It is November 2004 and I still do NOT have the book. I have called the company several times and was told that the book was delayed because of problems but I would get it in August 2004, then on November 30, 2004.

It is November 28, 2004 and I still do NOT have the book. Yesterday I got a postcard in the mail that said I would get the book, which now has a DIFFERENT name, in APRIL 2005!! I have been lied to and given the run-around by these crooks and now I'm out of patience!!

I bought a copy of this expensive book and paid $77.95 to be exact. Now I must contact and fight with the company to get my money back. The ISBN-0-7951-5247-7 and both titles I was given for the book can't be found in any bookstore or on-line.

The photo contest that I entered and that is affilated with this rip-off company is located at www.picture.com. Please beware and stay away from this photo contest and website.

I don't want anyone else to get ripped off the way I did. I am a single mom with 3 children and work a full time job to take care of them. I was so proud that my little girl's picture was being published for all to see her. I paid the near $80.00 that I could NOT afford, so that I could have a keepsake of this accomplishment.

Instead, I got lied to, taken advantage of, and ripped off. I will contact the Better Business Bureau in Maryland to report this company and what they did to me and many others. If this has happened to you by these people, I urge you to do the same.
TOGETHER WE CAN STOP THESE CROOKS!!!!

Kristin
Hessmer, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2004 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Library-Of-Photography/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/The-International-Library-Of-Photography-ripoff-scam-dishonest-lying-crooks-Owings-Mil-120181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Library Of Photography

Lost Plaque

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

Unlike Kristin, I had very good service from this company! I had a Photo published in 2002, but only purchased the Plaque. After about a month, I had not received it, so I called them. The person I spoke to looked it up, gave me the ship date, and said she would ship another one immediately. True to her word, I had it in about 10 day's.
I believe this company is doing photographers, from around the world, a very good service.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

this complaint is one person in over 2 million people where a problem may have dropped through the cracks. The ISP is an outstanding organization worthy of respect helping all photographers who understand the process of publishing books. My book, like yours was put off for two months or mores. I didnt buy one to begin with anyway. Give them a chance to sort out the problem. They are very busy people. Just remember you are only one in millions here. I think they solve problem without fuss and fuming.

drugs