Complaint Review: The International Library Of Poetry - Poetry - Howard Ely

• Submitted: Sun, January 08, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, January 08, 2006

• Reported By:Streetsboro Ohio
The International Library Of Poetry - Poetry - Howard Ely
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Library Of Poetry - Poetry - Howard Ely a lying, greedy, ripoff, SCAM Owings Mills Maryland

I wrote this poem, entitled "Bored". I wrote it it about 5 minutes, but about 3 weeks later, I recieve this letter, telling me I entered this contest and could win 10,000 dollars, and have my poem published in this book, "Eternal Portraits".

Anyway, I was curious about this. It was just way too good to be true. I kept reading, and then it told me to buy the book, which was $50! Oh, and if I wanted a Authors page, that was $20 more, and and don't forget about the case for 20 more dollars.

I was just like, no freaking way. So I had a hunch about whether it was a scam, did some research and found that it was! I am so glad I found this website telling me the truth. And to think, my sister wanted me to pay for it without researching it, because she thought it was cool.

I hope this can help someone, just as this site helped me.

Becca
Streetsboro, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2006 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetry-Howard-Ely/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetry-Howard-Ely-a-lying-greedy-ripoff-SCAM-Ow-170950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Library Of Poetry - Poetry - Howard Ely