Complaint Review: The International Library Of Poetry, Poetry.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 13, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 13, 2005

• Reported By:Sims Illinois
The International Library Of Poetry, Poetry.com
1 Poetry Plaza, Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Library Of Poetry, Poetry.com Ripoff Poetry.com is a fraud. Only one of my 22 poems was actually in a book. Owings Mills Maryland

When I first found out that I was going to be published I cried because my dreams were finally coming true. I have put 22 poems on their web sight and everyday I would check to see if they had accepted any of them for publishing.

Day by day, every one of my poems, all 22 of them were accepted and I thought that I had a great chance of being a known poet. They sent me a copy of one of my poems to edit through the mail and I wondered why I had not recieved any of the other poems to edit since every one of them had been accepted to be published in the book. I did send off for 2 books and sent them a payment on them at the same time.

I was glad to get the book, but when i looked through it, only one of my poems were inside it. Where are the other poems that they said were going to be in the book.

I feel like I am giving them something to make money off of. After all I had to pay for the book, They are literally making money off of me. They should have at least gave the book to me. I never knew that there was so much fraud out there. I feel like my poetry is making them money and I get nothing, except the book that I bought. I should get something for making Poetry.com money. Money that I helped them make.

Chasidy
Sims, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2005 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetrycom-Ripoff-Poetrycom-is-a-fraud-Only-one-of-142589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Library Of Poetry, Poetry.com