Complaint Review: The International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Sun, July 08, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2007

• Reported By:Woodroffe Other
The International Library Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owing Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Library Of Poetry Too good to be true! Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Save your credit

Back in 2004 I was informed that I had been chosen to go into the best of 2005 poems and poets anthology, much to my delight and to secure my book I was to put down a non-refundable deposit of $10.00 which actually cost me $21.00 AU. That was fine and I did so but after a while I thought to myself that it is going to cost me heaps in Australian dollars so decided to cut my losses and forgo my deposit.

At the beginning of 2007 I started to receive letters demanding payment and as I have never received any correspondence with a phone number or contactable email address so I ignored them. The letters became more frequent with threats of legal action until I received yet another letter saying that they had sent me the book in good faith that I would pay.

The book came about a month later with my poem first in the book (just for that little ego boost) and I resigned myself to the fact to just pay them and get it over and done with as I have an excellent credit rating and didn't want crap like this to ruin that.

I received a letter again today being a "Notice of Authorisation to File Suit" when I stumbled upon your site about rip off merchants whilst searching for a phone number and it came as no surprise to learn that the International Library of Poetry was enemy number one. So now I don't know what to do, should I pay or not?

Tracy
Woodroffe
Australia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on International Library of Poetry

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2007 10:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owing-Mills-Maryland-21117-6282/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Too-good-to-be-true-Owings-Mills-Maryland-259510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Library Of Poetry

Save your credit

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

If the amount is not too much PAY,PAY,PAY.

I have done stupid things that really hurt my credit. I am 100% sure they are ripping you off but if you really have excellent credit you are much better off to protect your credit than take a chance they will put this on your report.

The letter to file suit could be a bluff but do you want to take that chance?

Chalk it all up to a LESSON LEARNED.