Complaint Review: The International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Mon, April 24, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 24, 2006

• Reported By:Jasper Georgia
The International Library Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com, The International Library Of Poetry ripoff Owings Mills Maryland

I submitted a poem on Poetry.com about a month ago and I wasn't thinking anything would come out of it, I was just messing around on the internet. However, I received a letter in the mail today saying that my poem was picked out of thousands and is already qualified to be a semi-finalist. They also said my poem would be published in a book called Immortal Verses.

I was so excited. I couldn't wait to tell my family that I was going to have a poem published in a book!!! I could hardly believe it. When I showed it to them, they thought it was kind of weird that THEY wanted to publish MY poem but make US pay for a whole bunch of stuff. And finally one said they thought it was a total scam. It really upset me to hear them say that because I was so excited that something so wonderful was going to happen.

I didn't believe them at first. But I got online anyway to see if I could find out if they were legit. and I found this website and all of your stories that was the exact same as mine and how they scammed all of you. and now I believe them and I'm glad I found all of your stories before I got scammed too.

I think that Poetry.com needs to be somehow shut down and stop getting people's hopes up. and Howard Ely needs to be put away. And I really hope that other people who receive the same information after they entered their poems will get online like I did and find all of our stories so they won't get scammed too.

I thank everyone for their stories and from saving me from being scammed.

Sherry
Jasper, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2006 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-ripoff-Owings-Mills-Maryland-188366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Library Of Poetry