Complaint Review: The International Society Of Photographers

• Submitted: Wed, February 13, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2008

• Reported By:Poland Indiana
The International Society Of Photographers
3600 Crondall Lane Suite 101 Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Society Of Photographers They have totally ignored my request for a refund on a trophy that i paid for and never received Owings Mills Maryland

*Author of original report: Over a year has gone by and they are still sending me e-mails but no money back

*Consumer Suggestion: Do not waste your time with these people...

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: No Scam

*Author of original report: pictureOwings Mills Maryland They need to be stopped!!!!

I first sent in a picture to this company that has photo contests and they sent back e-mails stating my picture was nominated to be enter into the photographers Hall Of Fame.

After that they sent invitations to the Photographers convention that is held in Los Vegas every year in March I was unable to attend but was sent an e-mail stating they were sorry I could not attend but would like to give me the opportunity to receive the trophy that they awarded th all attendees at the convention.

All they reqiured from me to receive this $300 value was one payment of $169.00 and they would mail this trophy to me along with a few other things
well I did pay this fee and waited the time they requested it would take, but never received anything.
So I called and they apoligized and said they would send it, a few more months go by still nothing this went on about 5 months and 4 phone calls. Then I finally ask for my money back and they said ok that it would take so long because they only turn these claims in once a month so I say ok and wait 2 months get nothing call back they tell me same thing so I wait 2 more months still nothing when I call they say all I can do is send your request through again and this has gone on now for almost an entire year I'm still waiting for my money back.

Tina
Poland, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2008 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Society-Of-Photographers/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/The-International-Society-Of-Photographers-They-have-totally-ignored-my-request-for-a-refu-308626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Society Of Photographers

Over a year has gone by and they are still sending me e-mails but no money back

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I am still waiting for a refund, or even a response from them. More than a year ago they collected $169.00 plus shipping and handling from me for what? Well I thought it was for a trophy that was representing a good job in photography but all I have got to date is a bunch of run around and phone bills from waiting on hold for 30 to 45 minutes at a time, numerous times, just to be told the same thing and that is " I'm sorry ma'am but all we can do is put in another request for a refund " but here I am still waiting so if anybody is getting what they order from this company consider yourselves very fortunate because i think you are one in very few.

STILL WAITING!!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Do not waste your time with these people...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

It's the photography version of the vanity press book. People submit photos, they are then told that they have been "selected" to be entered in a book or a contest. Then they sucker the photographers into buying a trophy or a copy of a photo book that shows all of the "winning" photos. In the end, they make a lot of money and you are left with an award that has no value among professional photographers.

Not exactly a scam. They do sell trophies. They do make and sell books. The product just isn't worth the money and it is definitely not something you want in your credits.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

No Scam

AUTHOR: Buster - (Canada)

After reading the report about the International Society being a scam I felt it was right to rebut this report. Although their methods of communications need a great deal of work, I have found them to be OK. I received everything they promises and although frustrated many times becaise of the lack of communications with them , I do really belived they are not a Scam but a company who keeps to its commitment.

pictureOwings Mills Maryland They need to be stopped!!!!

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I have tried to find my report along with all the others on this company and I don't see mine included in them. Can you tell me why I'm not finding it?
What can be done to stop these people from staying in business? Can we have a class action suit against them?
Will any of us ever see our money from them that they stoled?