Complaint Review: The International Society of Photographers

• Updated: Fri, January 21, 2011

• Reported By: Virginia — Boise Idaho United States of America
The International Society of Photographers
925 de Maisonneuve West Montreal, Quebec, Quebec United States of America

The International Society of Photographers Picture.com, Photolaureates.org I enter two of my photos to this company, they said that I was a contest finalist and my photos would be published in their Endless Journey Book for $60.00, that is per photo so I bought two, I reviev Montreal, Quebec, Quebec

I am a amateur photographer, I enter two of my photos to this company, they contacted me telling me I was selected to have my two photo's published in their book Endless Journey for a fee, they promised it would be in all the popular book stores across the U.S. and Canada and that thousands of people would view my work. Never happened. Of course I thought this would finally get my work seen. I did recieve their book, In my opinion it was poor quality and the photos were in poor taste, anyway they also promised me a trip to Las Vegas to introduce my work to hundredsof fantastic and intresting professial phtographers. I became alittle shy of them because the price for such a short stay was around $600.00 and $500.00 for a guest. This company is not to be trusted, a friend of mine got suckered in to going to Las Vegas but not a soul every heard of this company and had no convention any where in the city. This company is a total rip-off. I was stuck with not one but two of their books, you had to buy one book for each photo you submitted. I am not a rich person, the cost and time I spent on this company left me cold to the wonderful world of photography. Thank you for hearing my story. This was several years ago that this event took place, so now I hope they are no longer in business. I would not know because I just gave up even trying to find them on the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2011 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-International-Society-of-Photographers/Montreal-Quebec-Quebec-H3A-OA4/The-International-Society-of-Photographers-Picturecom-Photolaureatesorg-I-enter-two-of-685130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The International Society of Photographers