Complaint Review: The Isle Apartments @ Arrowhead Ranch

• Submitted: Wed, February 23, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2000

• Reported By:Aurora CO
The Isle Apartments @ Arrowhead Ranch
20250 N. 67th Ave. Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

Apartment Leasing Rip-Off

I have been totally ripped off by an apartment rental leasing agreement. The Isle Apartments, located at 20250 N. 67th Street, Glendale, AZ 85308 is running a great scam. I rented an apartment through my corporate housing department when I re-located to Arizona. Upon the termination of my corporate agreement, I agreed to sign a six month lease. During the lease signing, I specifically asked the Leasing Manager if there was a buy out clause in the event of transfer. She told me that there was a 60 day buy out. I agreed and signed the lease. Low and behold, I was transfered to Denver. When I went in and gave them my 60 day notice, they accepted and did not say a word. After 60 days, when we went back in to again let them know that we would be leaving at the end of the month, they informed me that I still owed another 60 days. They told me that it was a 60 day notice and a 60 day buy out, which translates to a four month buy out. I was furious, as I had already had my compnay reimburse me for the 60 days and could not have them reimburse the final 60 days. When we tried to negotiate, the Manager informed us that she had numerous people breaking there leases that month. SO WHAT!!! I was not breaking my lease because I wanted to live somewhere else. I was breaking my lease due to a company move out of state.

The Managmeent was unwilling to work anything out with me. I was appauled and very disappointed as I had specifically asked about this clause prior to signing the lease.

I WAS RIPPED OFF!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Isle-Apartments-Arrowhead-Ranch/Glendale-Arizona-85308/Apartment-Leasing-Rip-Off-1373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Isle Apartments @ Arrowhead Ranch