Complaint Review: The Katy Shopper

• Reported By: Thomas Landscape — Austin Texas United States of America
The Katy Shopper
Fry rd. Katy, Texas Internet United States of America

The Katy Shopper Lisa Milner Total Scam, Internet

I was contacted by Lisa Milner, who claimed she was with The Katy Shopper. When she called me, I was told that I was "referred" to Remax as a landscaper who would be a good fit for the Remax broker in Austin (who was using the Katy Shopper to produce 5000 presentation folders) . So when the Remax broker handed a presentation folder out to one of his clients, my Landscape ad would be printed somewhere on the folder.

It sounded a little funny at first, because Lisa told me I was referred to them, but she would not tell me who referred me - "first red flag".

It took weeks to get a sample of the ad, but I never received a copy of the folder and after speaking with the Remax broker today (Jan 2013), discovered that the entire process was a scam and that the Katy Shopper did not refund anyone's ad cost.

I am very frustrated and will proceed to make this right, whatever it takes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Katy-Shopper/internet/The-Katy-Shopper-Lisa-Milner-Total-Scam-Internet-1005630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Katy Shopper