Complaint Review: The Kelly Group Inc , Kelly Printing Supplies

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Simon — Allston Massachusetts United States of America
The Kelly Group Inc , Kelly Printing Supplies
P.O. Box 70600 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

The Kelly Group Inc , Kelly Printing Supplies is trying to force-feed me toner cartridges! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Old Old scam

I received a cold call from one of their sales reps a few months back - he offered to send me a rather expensive toner cartridge - $90 -  for my laser printer.  He justified the cost by claiming that it lasted twice as long as regular cartridges, and offered a money-back guarantee if I was not satisfied.  I accepted, and paid for one cartridge.
About a month later, I received another call from a rep letting me know that they were sending the 'other two cartridges I had agreed to buy.'  Since I'd never agreed to purchase more than one cartridge, I said as much to the rep, who seemed surprised but conceded that I was not under any obligation to buy more cartridges.
Now I am receiving calls every day from them - not only do they claim I agreed to buy two more, they are saying that I agreed to buy them at over $130 each!  I never agreed to buy more than one cartridge.  I would never have made a commitment to buy such a grossly overpriced product, let alone two.  For them to use these sneaky, underhanded sales tactics is poor business at best and a recipe for a lawsuit at worst.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Kelly-Group-Inc-Kelly-Printing-Supplies/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89170/The-Kelly-Group-Inc-Kelly-Printing-Supplies-is-trying-to-force-feed-me-toner-cartridges-550216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Kelly Group Inc , Kelly Printing Supplies

Old Old scam

AUTHOR: ralee@telusplanet.net - (Canada)

They are generally called "Toner bandits" and have been known to do nice things like send toner cartriges full of ground rubber (really!!) and other incorect fillings that ruin your printer. If all they do is rip you for the money you got off easy!