Complaint Review: The Kensington Group

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2010

• Reported By:Miami Gardens Florida
The Kensington Group
2300 W Sahara Avenue, Suite#800 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-302-8882
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

The Kensington Group Unethical Business Practices, Opportunists, Greedy, Just Plain Out WRONG!!! Las Vegas Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: 2 Years have passed.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Over a year...

*UPDATE Employee: ..Still waiting.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ID Theft / Bank of America

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ID Theft / Bank of America

* : So Transparent.. this guy is a thief.

*UPDATE Employee: The Truth.

*UPDATE Employee: Our position.

*Author of original report: So Transparent!

*Consumer Comment: My Two Cents..

*UPDATE Employee: Further Investigation

To Whom It May Concern,

Not too long ago, I was the victim of some fraudulent activity that cost me $5,000.00. This money was transferred from my Bank of America checking account here in Miami FL., to the account of a company based in Las Vegas, NV called The Kensington Group LLC.

The fraudulent transaction was done on August 11th, 2008, and the culprit is still unknown to this day. I immediately filed a fraud claim with Bank of America when I noticed the missing money, hoping it would resolve everything, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. The bank ended up denying my claim because according to them, my Debit Card and PIN was used to complete the transaction.

Since my Debit Card has always been in my possession, this person would've actually had to clone my card somehow, in order to pull off this scam. Long story short, after realizing how elaborate this forgery was, I filed a police report, froze my checking account, got a new Debit Card, and enrolled myself in an Identity Theft monitoring service.

I decided to file this complaint against The Kensington Group LLC because they benefitted directly from my misfortune and have refused to do anything to make it right. They were made aware of the situation on more than one occasion, but insisted that the money they received was from a legitimate transaction. Mind you, I have absolutely no idea who this company is or what they do! The first time I ever heard of them was when the bank told me who my money was sent to.

I've even gone as far as to have my attorney write them a letter informing them of the fraud, but they ignored that as well. This company, if you can even call them that, has absolutely no right to keep my hard earned money that was sent to them by a blatant con-artist. I have never accused them directly of having anything to do with the scam, but their behavior after the fact seriously makes me question their business ethics. I don't understand what kind of company after learning that they benefitted directly from another person being victimized, would choose to ignore the situation and do nothing to fix it.

I seriously urge you to look into this matter extensively, employing whatever due diligence necessary, as the only choice I have left is to file a civil suit against this company, which would only cause me more expense. I'm a full-time college student, so I'm sure you can imagine how losing so much money would negatively affect my life. I just want this to be over with once and for all; I barely have time for a semi-decent breakfast most mornings, much less an ongoing battle with an unethical company. I think I've lost enough of my time and resources, or lack of, to them already. Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Fuhgidabowditt
Miami Gardens, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 12:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Kensington-Group/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/The-Kensington-Group-Unethical-Business-Practices-Opportunists-Greedy-Just-Plain-Out-WR-422297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Kensington Group

2 Years have passed.

AUTHOR: The kensington group - (USA)

Today and tomorrow are days of great importance.

Tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary since this transaction took place.
Today is the 1 year and 7 month anniversary since the original complaint was posted on this website.

As stated numerous times above, WE HAVE PROOF that Bank of America sided with us and that this transaction was NOT fraudulent.  In fact, this transaction was done at a Bank of America location near where you live - in person.  When you authorized this transaction you likely swiped your card, typed in your pin, showed your identification and in some cases gave a finger print.

Your attorney wrote us a letter long ago.  We explained our case and then never heard from them again.  BBB sent us your complaint.. we responded and they promptly stated that this situation was "resolved" and that we did not act unethically.

We sent BBB, Bank of America and your attorney all of the evidence that we have. ...and they all sided with us.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Over a year...

AUTHOR: The kensington group - (USA)

It has been well over a year since your initial posting.  We have not heard back from you or your attorney.  We responded to BBB and B of A as outlined above.  Your attorney sent us a letter, we quickly responded, but then never heard back.

We could review all of the FACTS again, but they've been detailed above several times.  Should you have any concrete evidence of your claims  feel free to share.

Unfortunately for you we keep meticulous records.  We shared these records with B of A when you told them that we stole your ATM card, flew to your local branch and stole money out of your account.   Your claims against us were VERY SERIOUS and B of A, your attorney and BBB have apparently all sided with us.

Next time, put some thought into your slanderous remarks before you share them with the World.

-TKG

..Still waiting.

AUTHOR: The kensington group - (U.S.A.)

Still waiting for a response from the "victim" of this scam.

We cooperated with his attorney, BBB and Bank of America.  Sadly, this is a situation where the so-called, "victim" is a person who paid us to perform a service and he decided the he no longer wanted our products and/or services.

Instead of asking for a refund or trying to work things out with us he filed a FRAUD Complaint with his bank, hired an attorney, filed a report with BBB and filed this Rip Off Report.

1.  Bank of America launched an ID Theft Investigation.  =They sided with us.
2.  BBB contact us.  We responded. =The case is closed with BBB.
3.  His attorney wrote us.  We explained things from our point of view.  =We have not heard from his attorney since.

The most telling thing about this situation is that Bank of America launched a full investigation and they sided with us.  If we really stole from you OR if you really were a victim of ID Theft you would think that you bank would have sided with you... no?

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ID Theft / Bank of America

AUTHOR: The kensington group - (U.S.A.)

You stated:  "Personally, if I were to unknowingly receive stolen property and it was later brought to my attention that it was stolen, or if there's even a chance that it might have been stolen, I would have no qualms whatsoever about returning it to the rightful owner...but that's just me and how I was raised."

Once again.. we are more than happy to cooperate with ANYONE involved with this situation.  From the information that BofA provided, we believe that you are misleading the readers of this website.

WE are aware that ID theft is the FASTEST growing crime.  However, we also know that BofA would do anything to protect their clients.  IF they thought that you were the victim of fraud, they would have acted in your favor long ago.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ID Theft / Bank of America

#6

So Transparent.. this guy is a thief.

AUTHOR: TKG - (USA)

***BANK OF AMERICA DID A FULL INVESTIGATION OF THIS MATTER - THEY FOUND THAT YOU LIED AND THAT WE DID NOTHING WRONG*** ***WE HAVE FULLY COOPERATED WITH YOUR ATTORNEY, BBB AND BANK OF AMERICA.*** This client filed a complaint with Bank of America. Bank of America took the funds OUT of our  bank  account  while they were performing this investigation. Their investigation was quick and to the pain free. Here are the facts: 1. The funds were transferred from your account to our account. 2. The funds were transferred inside of a branch in Florida. 3. The branch where the  funds  were transferred is near your address. 4. In order for the funds to be transferred the account holder is required to swipe their Bank of America card and then put in their 4 digit pin. 5. We worked with you for an extended period of time and we have  phone  and email records proving this. 6. Your attorney sent us a letter a few months back. We responded to this letter. We gave your attorney all of the facts and we never heard back from him/her. Your claim: 1. You are claiming that we had access to your Bank of America card. 2. After gaining access to your Bank of America card you are claiming that we also had access to your 4 digit  pin . 3. Once we had both of these items we then flew down to a Bank of America branch in Florida. 4. Once at a branch in Florida, which happens to be near your address, we swiped your card, entered your pin and then transferred funds into our  account . 5. Wouldn't we also have to have matching signatures? 6. If we did have your Bank of America card, did you notice it was missing? We can both agree that Bank of America does not take the security of their customers lightly. When someone signs a Fraud Claim (like you did), they do not hesitate to do a full investigation. After their investigation they found that you were not the victim of  fraud  and that the funds were transferred by you. Once they came to this conclusion they released the funds back to us. When your attorney sent us a letter, we promptly sent a response.  When you filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, we promptly sent a response. When you filed a "fraud" complaint with Bank of America, we promptly responded to their phone calls and letters. We provided Bank of America ALL of the information that they requested. The truth is..  After sending our response, we never heard back from your attorney. After our initial response to BBB, we never received further correspondence from them. After their investigation Bank of America concluded that the transaction was completed by YOU. The moment that they tell us otherwise, we will follow their guidance and act accordingly. We are not opportunists. We are not greedy. Nothing that we have done is "Plain Out Wrong" as you have stated. From Day #1 we have cooperated with EVERYONE that you have sent our way.

The Truth.

AUTHOR: The Kensington Group - (U.S.A.)

When your attorney sent us a letter, we promptly sent a response.

The truth is..

From Day #1 we have cooperated with EVERYONE that you have sent our way.

TKG

Our position.

AUTHOR: The Kensington Group - (U.S.A.)

Bank of America is a FDIC insured bank. There are rules and regulations that they live and breath by. They have been in existence for over 100 years and they have over 130,000 full time employees. Bank of America has access to CCTV, teller notes, and various other items they dig into when they need to investigate a potential case of identity theft. The moment that Bank of America tells us that this was a case of identity theft then we will do what is necessary to make this right. As of now, they have performed an intense investigation and they have made the decision that this was not a case of identity theft. Your complaint and anger need to be directed towards B of A, not TKG.

So Transparent!

AUTHOR: Fuhgidabowditt - (U.S.A.)

So The Kensington Group would like you to believe that they're the innocent victims here, but nothing could be further from the truth. Their "rebuttal" is filled with the same denial and adolescent defensiveness as the other responses I've gotten from them in the past. Instead of immediately jumping on the defensive, pointing out how obviously impossible it would be for them to have committed the fraud themselves, which for the record I NEVER directly accused them of; they should be responsible enough as a so-called upright and ethical company, to accept the fact that they received that money under very questionable circumstances, and do the right thing by returning it.

It's common knowledge that Identity Theft is one of, if not the fastest growing crime in America today, so I don't understand why it's so hard for them to grasp that we are ALL victims in this particular situation! They however, have the power to immediately correct the situation if they really wanted to. Personally, if I were to unknowingly receive stolen property and it was later brought to my attention that it was stolen, or if there's even a chance that it might have been stolen, I would have no qualms whatsoever about returning it to the rightful owner...but that's just me and how I was raised.

Having said that, I will indeed take the other user's suggestion and petition Bank of America once more in hopes of a fair and final resolution. But if I'm unsuccessful yet again, then I'd have no choice but to pursue further legal action against The Kensington Group, for the mere fact that they were the ones who directly benefitted from this fraud. I absolutely REFUSE to be taken advantage of by these people, so this is far from over if that's what they really want!

My Two Cents..

AUTHOR: Tlc - (U.S.A.)

After reading your report it sounds like your complaint and anger need to be directed towards Bank of America and not The Kensington Group, LLC. From what I have read it is obvious that Bank of America did an investigation and they felt like you were the one who sent the money. A formal complaint needs to be sent to Bank of America. Most banks have several cameras inside of their branches. If a formal complaint is filed I am pretty sure they will look into everything including; branch location, signatures, CCTV footage, teller who approved the transaction, manager who approved the teller transaction and so on.

It sounds like you either have a case of buyers remorse OR someone stole your identity and purchased a Corporation in your name.

You need to post a "Rip off Report" about BANK OF AMERICA and not The Kensington Group. The Kensington Group is a victim also, it is important that you understand this. Petition Bank of America.

I hope that you get this resolved.

TLC

Further Investigation

AUTHOR: The Kensington Group - (U.S.A.)

I will repeat what we told your attorney. If you truly feel like you are the victim of fraud we are more than willing to cooperate with your attorney and the authorities. If this really is a vast conspiracy against you, the perpetrator needs to be caught and punished.

We have information, which we forwarded to Bank of America during their investigation detailing whom we were working with. We have copies of identification, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and so forth.

Having said that, it is important to note that Bank of America did an extensive investigation and their investigation concluded that the funds were transfered by you. However, your attorney does have the contact information for our legal representation should you need access to the documentation that we have.

All the best,

TKG

AUTHOR: The Kensington Group - (U.S.A.)

This client filed a complaint with Bank of America. Bank of America took the funds OUT of our bank account while they were performing this investigation. Their investigation was quick and to the pain free.

to swipe their Bank of America card and then put in their 4 digit pin.
5. We worked with you for an extended period of time and we have phone and email

6. If we did have your Bank of America card, did you notice it was missing?

We can both agree that Bank of America does not take the security of their customers lightly. When someone signs a Fraud Claim (like you did), they do not hesitate to do a full investigation. After their investigation they found that you were not the victim of fraud and that the funds were transferred by you. Once they came to this conclusion they released the funds back to us.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC