Complaint Review: The Kirby Company

The Kirby Company
www.kirby.com Internet U.S.A.

The Kirby Company Kirby needs to update their product. Internet

*Consumer Comment: A question for Werpositive

*UPDATE Employee: Kirby is not a bad operating system but some dealers are

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: 7 AMP motor

Kirby is a great vac but they need to get with the modern times. All of the newer Kirby models that are coming out and all they are changing is the style. They still all have the 7 amp motor. All of the other competitor's have a 10-12 amp motor. yes, they are durable, yes they have a unique style but, especially for vacuuming, you need a power full motor to pick up the hair and the dust and the more fine things. 7 amp motor's is old school for vacuum's. In my opinion, anything over $400 is too much for it.

Don powers
Alpena, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Kirby-Company/internet/The-Kirby-Company-Kirby-needs-to-update-their-product-Internet-290834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Kirby Company

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I agree with the Kirby's lack of suction compared to a 12 amp $45 plastic Hoover. The Hoover has a noticeably stronger suction through the hose than the Kirby's suction through the hose. My Kirby is the Sentria (latest model) and the Hoover is a "Widepath Preferred." Both vacuums are using the best bags available for each machine. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Kirby. The belt drive for the "beater brushes" is FAR superior to the Hoover (very important) and the hepa filter bag keeps the dust in MUCH better than the Hoover Premium Allergen bag. I did expect superior suction from the Kirby though and was disappointed to find out otherwise.

AUTHOR: Lynn - (U.S.A.)

I have a Kirby G4, about 13 years old, with the 7-amp motor. Put it lightly, it cleans better than any other vacuum I've used (save newer Kirbys which the difference is nominal).

What really counts in a vacuum cleaner is the suction power. Kirby vacuums have much more suction than any other vacuum I've used. That's why I'm still using mine. Actually, the 7-amp motor is nice in that it's more energy efficient than vacuums with bigger motors. So less energy for more suction is definitely a bonus!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I do like the kirby and its features and have not used the newer ones, I own a classic from 1971 and used to own a sanitronic 50. Do you feel the newer vacuums work as well as the old ones?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Kirby is not a bad operating system but some dealers are

AUTHOR: Werpositive - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry for everyone who has had a bad experience with Kirby. I happen to work for them in SC region and I would just like to say that even though you may not feel like a kirby is worth $1800, i assure you it is, yes you might be able to find it on Ebay for less or somewhere else on the internet but you do not have a lifetime warranty like you do with a dealer. I admit that some dealers are heartless and do anything but personally I am not one of them. You cant judge a whole company by a few stores. Also, for the ex-employee's there are bad bosses but there are good ones. And the amps on the Kirby for the guy who said something about them, lower amps does not mean that there is less cleaning power, but less cost on your electricity bill. The latest machine, The Sentria, is a wonderful machine one of the best for it to cost $2395 is still rather cheap considering when you think of Filter Queen runs for about $5500 and only takes ur surface dirt out of your carpet. I mean The Sentria is not just a vaccuum, it is also a carpet shampooer, a leave blower, a handheld vaccuum, it can inflat a king size mattress in 8 seconds. Also it has its own transmission people the metal is actually dicast magnisiam aluminium which is used on jets and spacerockets . The plactic is the same as bullet proof vest and football helmet. ok so im not to sure why everyone complains exactlyabout the price and i havent even mentioned a 1/3 of what it can do.if you place a kirby against every other machine you would be shocked on how much of a difference there is between the dirt pick up. And the little bug spill you were talking about was dust mites aka bed bugs. people arent really allergic to the bugs themselfs but their crap. I mean an average person loses 1 pound of dead skin cells each year, and that is what dust mites live on. also if you have ever used a carpet shampooer place like Stanley Steamer they just make your situation worse. When your padding gets wet, it can grow mold. And as well as everyone knows, mold can kill you. But trash talk everything you need to i know my boss is a good one and our machine is worth every penny even if people dont like saving money on electricity, replacing carpet, keeping your kids healthy, or having a clean home.

#13 UPDATE EX-employee responds

7 AMP motor

AUTHOR: Billy - (U.S.A.)

I read your response stating that the Kirby should use a larger motor. Amperage and Airflow are completely unrelated. The amount of electricity needed to power the motor has nothing to do with how much airflow the machine produces. FYI the Kirby produces 119CFM of airflow at the nozzle. The average vacuum with a 12 amp motor produces around 50CFM.