Complaint Review: The Knot (Wedding)

• Submitted: Thu, September 15, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: KP — Stratham New Hampshire United States of America
The Knot (Wedding)

The Knot (Wedding) Second Day shipping...don't bother. Don't purchase camera's unless you have a month in advance or they won't arrive in time and are UN-RETURNABLE Internet

*Author of original report: On the Contrary..

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Responsibility

I ordered 13 disposable Kodak camera's on 9/7/11 for a wedding on 9/10/11.  Yes, last minute, but it was an overlooked, forgotten and desired item by the bride.  So, I paid for 13 camera's and selected 2nd day shipping (for 9/9/11) delivery date.  Well, the wedding was great (no camera's on the tables) so I assumed the order wasn't placed for some reason and ignored it...my mistake.  Today, 9/15/11 I was sent an email to my email addresss (very first email) to tell me that my order was placed and sent!!!  I called them and got an indignant woman who couldn't justify allowing me to return them (which I hadn't even received yet as they said they shipped them today).  I explained the whole thing and she said it stated on the email/website (which I just got today) that camera's weren't returnable.  Also that it says on the website (which is absolutely NOT specific) that I selected two day shipping which most would conclude that shipping would be in two days especially when it is $25 extra, but she said that it says, "Please note: Processing times vary depending on the item.Your order will be shipped once processing time is complete."  So basically you are $%@! out of luck even when you pay for overnight shipping, etc.  Even though I even clicked on "Estimate" for shipping prior to ordering and it says NOTHING about processing at all.  So basically....if you buy something from "The Knot.com" call first and make them work for your order and disclose everything....their customer service people are rude and nonunderstanding....so forgiveness is not something they do well.  My suggestion:  Don't use them, use "ExclusivelyWeddings.com" as they were awesome to deal with, had the same stuff and if you google different items you are looking for you will alway find a website that has better quality, honest shipping and effective customer service.  Oh, and the other things I purchased from them prior to that date.......was all return due to cracks, wrong items and unusable items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2011 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Knot-Wedding/internet/The-Knot-Wedding-Second-Day-shippingdont-bother-Dont-purchase-cameras-unless-yo-777035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Knot (Wedding)

On the Contrary..

AUTHOR: KP - (United States of America)

As I am in the Customer Service Field, I am not denying that I could have spent the time reading and perusing their website.  However, to me, it is sneaking, in my opinion, the way that they have their website for purchases set up.  There was no added personalization or anything out of the ordinary.  Just an order for cameras, and a good order at that.  I wasn't prompted or shown very well the process for certain items.  As I order on line for almost every gift or purchase I make, I have to say, "in my opinion" that this was not a fair purchase.  The website at the time did not distinctly tell me at the time of the purchase that I would have to wait any longer than a regular shipment.  As well, Customer Service was rude and put off that I even had a dilema of any sort.  Told me that I was out of luck...too bad....no compassion or nothing!  I do know that the KNOT is and has a reputation..good or bad, make sure that you read all of their fine print, terms, returns, etc.  Having to speak with Customer Service isn't worth the aggravation.  Just an "I'm really very sorry" would have been nice.

Consumer Responsibility

AUTHOR: Knot - (United States of America)

Hello,

I apolgogize that we weren't able to come to an agreement about this. We feel that it is the customer's responsibility to keep themselves informed about how long it will take for their order to be delivered. We state several times on our website that the processing time is separate than the transit (or shipping) time. For each individual item on the website, there is a specific processing time. For personalized items, it will give you this processing time immediately after you click the "add to cart" button. For non personalized items, processing time is stated directly on the page. Please make sure you do your part before placing an order on any online website, in that you read the provided information.

We pride ourselves in selling high-quality products. If we send you anything that isn't up to standard, we will expedite a replacement  for you at no additional cost to you. The Knot, Inc. is a very reputable company, contrary to your "accusations".