Complaint Review: The Ladders.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 15, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 15, 2009

• Reported By: Vidal — Lake Villa Illinois United States of America
The Ladders.com

The Ladders.com Company claims their job listings, for which i paid a hefty premium, were exclusive, but I routinely found the exact same listings on cost-free sites, such as indeed.com. Internet

The Ladders.com represents that they offer exclusive job listings, for which I paid a premium price. I applied multiple times for jobs but got no responses or acknowledgements directly from the companies concerned. All I got back were email notifications from Ladders.com. Soon I discovered that the listings on Ladders.com were not exclusive at all. The same exact jobs were listed on free sites such as indeed.com and careerbuilder.com. In fact, on at least two occasions, I received communications from the employers only after I had applied for the same job directly at their websites.

I cancelled my subscription with Ladders.com, a day before the six-month period expired, but they had gone ahead and charged my checking account with no notification of a renewal at all. I have not been able to get a refund, even though i had cancelled prior to the start of a new six-month period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2009 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Ladderscom/internet/The-Ladderscom-Company-claims-their-job-listings-for-which-i-paid-a-hefty-premium-were-540099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Ladders.com