Complaint Review: The Law Offices Of Dennis C. McDevitt

• Submitted: Mon, July 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 26, 2004

• Reported By:Ferrum Virginia
The Law Offices Of Dennis C. McDevitt
4742 NW Boca Rato Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33431 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

The Law Offices Of Dennis C. McDevitt Attempted Rip Off deceived personal info ignored refusal to participate tried to get money out of my bank account Stopped payment Boca Raton Florida

I was in credit card debt and on the internet. I found-what seemed to be a good idea (www.debtrelievers.com). I checked the Better Business Bureau of Florida they were listed with a misleading report not much else. Latter they proved to be unreliable. I filled out the form on the internet and a woman named Deidre called me the next day. I asked her several questions and it sounded good.

She sent me some papers-I filled them out and faxed them on June 28, 2004. I looked up the Law Firm Dennis C. McDevitt (Whom debt releivers worked through)I was uncomfortable with their reputation. July 3, 2004, I decided not to participate. No transaction had taken place and Deidre said I could think about it and get out anytime. I called the office and left messages with Dennis McDevitt and Deidre, always getting voice mail. No one called back. On the 6th of July 2004, I faxed them a signed statement prohibiting them from using my personal information and halting my participation in their program.

One day a guy named Derrick Carson called me at work seeming not to know anything. I explained that I had sent the fax and called and did not want to participate. He said okay that was fine. The next week they tried to take money out of my cheking account. I had to stop payment and close my account. That is why I am writing this report... hoping no one else has to suffer!

Martinsville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2004 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Law-Offices-Of-Dennis-C-McDevitt/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/The-Law-Offices-Of-Dennis-C-McDevitt-Attempted-Rip-Off-deceived-personal-info-ignored-ref-100665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Law Offices Of Dennis C. McDevitt