Complaint Review: The Law Offices of Michael Birchmore

• Reported By: Law Obiding Citizen — Florida United States of America
The Law Offices of Michael Birchmore
480 West Main Street Blue Ridge, Georgia United States of America

The Law Offices of Michael Birchmore Failed Promises Blue Ridge, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: MISUNDERSTANDING - OR - MISREPRESENTATION?

I had called Attorney Michael Birchmore in September 2012 concerning a Real Estate case that I had in Blue Ridge, GA. He listened to my case via the telephone and instructed me to forward to him everything that I had on my case. He promised to call me the following week. My case involves possibly filing suit against another attorney up in Blue Ridge, whom he said he new. He mentioned that it wouldn't be good business for him to go after another attorney in their area, but he would find me attorney outside of the area.

The following week came, no call, so I called and spoke with the secretary requesting a call back. She said she gave him the message. I never received a return call. I made subsequent calls to his office and I got a voice message everytime. Having left a couple of messages and receiving no return phone call, I gave up. What's concerning is that I forwarded all my private case information to his office.

It's my hope that he has not shared this information with the attorney I may be filing suit against. Had he simply called me back and said he could not help or assist, I would have been ok with that. To ignore a consumers call and leave them wondering is not right. Consumers need to be aware of this type of professionalism that out there, I've had nothing but bad experiences with attornies in the Blue Ridge, GA area. Funny thing is that I told him I've had nothing but bad experiences with attornies up there and that he was a breath of fresh air. Wrong again....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Law-Offices-of-Michael-Birchmore/Blue-Ridge-Georgia-30513/The-Law-Offices-of-Michael-Birchmore-Failed-Promises-Blue-Ridge-Georgia-949685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Law Offices of Michael Birchmore

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

MISUNDERSTANDING - OR - MISREPRESENTATION?

AUTHOR: Mr. Birchmore - ()

An individual called my office from out of state.  I did not know the caller who proceeded to describe a certain situation.  To the best of my recollection, I discussed reviewing some real estate documents to see if I would be willing to represent the caller in a real estate matter (I handle many land litigation cases, and the caller had been referred to me by courthouse personnel).  I do not remember any discussion regarding the caller filing a lawsuit against a lawyer. Instead, I recall that the caller had chosen to call me because he/she had undergone a bad experience with another lawyer I knew, and he/she did not want to use the same lawyer again.

That the caller had gone through a bad experience with a colleague of mine did not really mean much to me at the time.  Rather, I simply understood why the caller had called me instead of the previous attorney.  This sort of situation is not uncommon.  It's a bit like not wanting to use the same barber who "botched" the last haircut you received from him - or doctor - or mechanic - plumber - electrician, etc.

The caller faxed certain information to me which, when I read it, indicated that the caller intended to sue the other lawyer.  I did nothing further with the material as I believed that I had been misled as to the caller's true purpose in sending me the information. I do not recall calling the person back as I did not appreciate the situation, and I certainly did not want to incur expenses in time and money trying to reach the caller on the phone.  I did, however, instruct my staff to inform the caller, if he/she called back, that I would not be able to help out with this situation.  I destroyed the material and never mentioned the situation again - not even to the other lawyer who, to the best of my knowledge, has never been sued by the caller.  And . . . now you know . . . the rest of the story.

So, I ask . . . was this simply a misunderstanding on my part or was it a straightforward misrepresentation by the caller? Both possibilities are certainly plausible.