• Report: #196809

• Submitted: Fri, June 16, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 16, 2006

• Reported By:Highland Beach Florida
The Leader Metal Works
Miami, Florida Miami, Florida U.S.A.

The Leader Metal Works Despite numerous promises, fully paid company did not complete the job Miami Florida

WIth respect to a recent color advertisement that I came across in on prestigious South Florida Magazine:
I could not believe that the heads of The Leader Metal Works company had the audacity to show pictures of their Principals holding up awards and showing BBB approval flags in their ad.

I had work performed by The Leader Metal Works company more than a year and a half ago. The salesman, Carlos, and his brother were among the most inept and irresponsible individuals I have come across in 28 years of operating my own business.

Despite numerous promises from them, to complete the door framing of a metal door that Carlos charged me $14,000 "cash" to manufacture and "complete", I missed 6 full days of work (no one Leader Metal Works appeared for the appointments) and dozens of hours were wasted in waiting for them not to show up for repairs and completion of some very expensive prepaid work.

Once Carlos and Leader Metal Works was paid (I believe Carlos might have taken $7,000 "commission" for himself), the company conveniently changed the original design (i.e.simplified it) in advance of my permission, and since I was told it was too late to cancel, the $14,000 door (with all finishing/framing paid for with total satisfaction guaranteed) was quickly and sloppily inserted. So, here I sit more than a year later in my condominium, looking through "holes" in my $14,000.00 unfinished door. Now, after making more than a dozen calls to them, a dozen false promises and assurances and a dozen "missed" engagements, I, had finally given up. Until I came across their unconscionable, self serving magazine ad.

What upsets me (almost as much as their stalling and scamming so as not to finish a fully paid job) is their obnoxious, self-serving advertisement, that in essence mocks not only consumers and honest businessmen like myself, but the Better Business Bureau as well. I say this quite confidently, since I cannot believe that the BBB would actually endorse this level of dishonesty in a group of crooked Miami based scam artists.

Since viewing their advertisement, I can no longer in good conscience remain quiet. I can find no other outlet than to complain to the BBB and ripoffreport.com, that The Leader Metal Works had (and still has) no interest or intension whatsoever of completing the work that was paid for in full.

Raymond
Highland Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2006 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Leader-Metal-Works/Miami-Florida/The-Leader-Metal-Works-Despite-numerous-promises-fully-paid-company-did-not-complete-the-196809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Leader Metal Works