Complaint Review: The Legacy Center - Rob Katz - Lori Todd

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 15, 2010

• Reported By:Greenville South Carolina
The Legacy Center - Rob Katz - Lori Todd
2200 Gateway Centre Blvd., Suite 216 Morrisville, North Carolina U.S.A.

The Legacy Center - Rob Katz - Lori Todd Owners Bizzare Wiccan New Age Cult ripped me off and subjected me to brainwashing till I flipped out. Morrisville North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: A different, positive experience

Several years ago, I was coerced and pressured into attending a so called "self improvement and development center" by a close friend.

It was The Legacy Center in Morrisville, NC owned by Lori Todd and Robb Katz.

What I did not know was that Rob and Lori had been major players in Lifespring of Washington, D.C. which had been sued out of existance due to suicides and other major physical and mental breakdowns that occured with those who had attended this cult.

During the several months that I was involved with The Legacy Center "cult", I was subjected to brainwashing techniques, as well as sleep deprivation and mind control. They also ripped me off for hundreds of dollars in credit card refunds that I was due.

I lost everything (over $100,000) and had to be hospitalized due to bipolar, manic depression, paranoia, and delusions caused by the extreme rituals that I had been subjected to at The Legacy Center.

They destroyed my life, as they have many others.
All in the name of money and greed.

I pray that someone will close them down by a class action suit or ANY MEANS POSSIBLE!

Lalinda
Greenville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Legacy-Center-Rob-Katz-Lori-Todd/Morrisville-North-Carolina-27560/The-Legacy-Center-Rob-Katz-Lori-Todd-Owners-Bizzare-Wiccan-New-Age-Cult-ripped-me-off-334273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Legacy Center - Rob Katz - Lori Todd

A different, positive experience

AUTHOR: S.Spencer - (United States of America)

I took several classes at Legacy Center about a year ago.  They were very valuable and I have used what I learned in my career and with my family.  I am an engineer and naturally skeptical, and it took me a while to jump in.  The learning methods they use are interactive and different from anything I've ever done, but in retrospect, they make sense to my logical (and cautious) brain.

I'm not sure about all this "cult" and "brainwashing" stuff in this report.  They were very up front about their tuition policies, and all my dealings with them were professional.  Better than most, I'd say.  I've kept in touch with most of the other people in my classes, and they also seem happy with their experiences a year later.

I recommended this to a friend, who found this report.  I've had a strong enough positive experience to take the time to post it as an alternative perspective.