Complaint Review: The Lincoln Academy High School

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Trust This Site — Chicago Illinois United States of America
The Lincoln Academy High School
12605 East Freeway St. Houston, Texas United States of America

The Lincoln Academy High School Lincoln Academy Home School (Fradulent Online Diploma!) Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: NOT A RIP OFF.

*Consumer Comment: Useless diploma

*Consumer Suggestion: Not Accredited

*General Comment: Thats Funny

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lilcoln academy

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Not even close to true !

Earlier this year I decided to finish getting my High School Diploma. I chose Lincoln Academy because they guaranteed easy access and a low payment plan. I finished the program in a month, and called Lincoln Academy to find out what was my next step. They told me to finish paying for the program in full before I start my admission to any college or university. I did just that. It cost me me almost $550.00. My first denial letter came from Colorado Tech University. They basically told me my Diploma was useless. I called Lincoln Academy to inform them of what was told to me and they (Megan or Sara) assured me that Universities are a little difficult to attend. I then tried Phoenix Online. once again denied. They said that Lincoln Academy was not a Accredited School. I was LEVIED! After the 5th phone call to this Lincoln Academy I started to realize that they were avoiding me so I contacted the B.B.B. Lincoln Academy earned a D+. Last but not least I tried my local Community College, called Oakton. I applied for financial Aid, and was denied for the 3rd time..this time I am beyond pissed off! Because of Lincoln Academy I will not be attending the Fall Semester of College and I have to find a accredited school to graduate from or take the GED test. please dont waste your time. Instead go to Penn Foster..every University, College etc highly recommends them. stay away from Lincoln Academy people!! they are rip offs!! I called a total of 10 times and no one cared enough to even help me find a school to attend!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Lincoln-Academy-High-School/Houston-Texas-77015/The-Lincoln-Academy-High-School-Lincoln-Academy-Home-School-Fradulent-Online-Diploma-Ho-932612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Lincoln Academy High School

NOT A RIP OFF.

AUTHOR: kylesmurph - ()

I recently graduated from Lincoln Academy and I now attend college in another state. All I had to do was take my standardized tests and let them know that it was a homeschool program. LINCOLN ACADEMY is NOT responsible for your ignorance in applying to college.

Useless diploma

AUTHOR: upsetangel - ()

I paid 299 plus additinal fees was guaranteed it would be excepted by tech schools and community colleges . I have tried 5 different schools it is useless . I am in process of requesting refund as promised lets see if I get it .

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Not Accredited

AUTHOR: Alyson - ()

I work for a private college in Missouri. We have the same admission requirements as most colleges and Universities. In the end of things, homeschool is one thing, it must be conducted through the home by a parent or caregiver and then the student will receive a "homeschool transcript" that will be evaluated by the college and determined to be suitable or not. This is not a homeschool. This is an online high school that is accredited by an illegitimate accrediting body. At the end of the day, if you are looking at Online high schools look at one thing. All acceptable high schools must be accredited by the U.S. Board of Education... This school is not. That is why most colleges will not accept it, Penn Foster high school is accredited my the US Board of Education, that is why most colleges will accept it.  All those other accrediting bodies are useless, it needs to be regionally accredited and recognized by the US Board of Education... Ask these questions guys!!

#4 General Comment

Thats Funny

AUTHOR: Dgeistell - (United States of America)

That funny because I am a student of Lincoln academy and I paid my money and not only was I quickly accepted into my local community college but i ws quickly accepted into a four year university no problem. Whats up dude why the lies? This is a good site that helps people and you are tearing it down. SAD

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lilcoln academy

AUTHOR: 309mril - (United States of America)

This school it's iffy but some collages take it and some don't but it's legit in Texas

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Not even close to true !

AUTHOR: chris - (United States of America)

I have fineshed my high school diploma from lincoln and I am starting tech school in the spring. I dont know why people have to shut down peoples dreams and write false garbage ,its a good idea if you just want to go to a public college,private schools dont have to except your diploma thats why they are private. I have been turned down by private schools only to go to my local tech school for the same thing,

so if thats what you want to do it will work and you dont need to tell them you did it on line you have a full high school diploma from a accredidted home school. check it out I looked for weeks before I went for it and it only cost 400.00 plus diploma fee of 39 bucks when your done. Look on the site and call them before you do it and call your school and tell them your plans ,they will look and tell you ahead of time I called my tech school they checked and said we would love to see you come to our school. Do your reserch its your life people.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC