Complaint Review: The Liquidation Company

• Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: EM — Ventura California United States of America
The Liquidation Company
10012 Citrus Ave., Fontana, CA 92335 Internet United States of America

The Liquidation Company TLC Auctions Discriminate and bully people coming to buy at auctions Internet

*Consumer Comment: My TLC Experience

Do not engage in business with these ripoff auctioneers.  Our company buyers are seasoned in buying at auctions and when we went to this auction held by TLC Auctions aka The Liquidation Company, we were discriminated against because of a small money carrier we were bringing.  It's typical to need cash when buying at auctions, how else are you suppose to carry it?  They allowed every woman in with a large bag or purse but not us with a cash bag (which was the size of a large wallet).  We drove over 2 hours to get to the auction, hired and brought manpower and brought a large truck which cost a lot of money in gas.  After discussing with the door attendant that the bag was simply for cash and allowed an inspection they still refused admittance.  After going back to the truck to leave the bag the door attendant rudely declined entrance pointing to a sign that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".  This company shouldn't be utilized by anyone in the business or any individuals for that matter.  What a waste of time and money this joke of an auction company is.  There are so many excellent auction companies out there, don't waste your energy, time and money going to these unprofessional, discriminating, rude people.  They don't represent real auctioneers doing a great job.  Do not support TLC Auctions/The Liquidation Company in Fontana.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2011 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Liquidation-Company/internet/The-Liquidation-Company-TLC-Auctions-Discriminate-and-bully-people-coming-to-buy-at-auctio-726549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Liquidation Company

My TLC Experience

AUTHOR: EW - (United States of America)

I have been visiting TLC Auctions for nearly all of the 20 years they have been in business and I have had quite a different experience than the negative one depicted here.  Although I have seen the owners ask customers (both male AND female) to leave their large bags either in their vehicle or in the office they have ALWAYS calmly explained it to be for the safety and security of both their staff and fellow auction-goers.  I have visited other auction companies that do not have this bag policy and I have had merchandise, that I have already paid for, simply walk-off with some no-gooder with a large bag.  I'm not saying that is what the person who filed this report was intending to do but I appreciate TLC looking out for my best interests.

In regards to the claim that the cash bag was the size of a 'large wallet', if it really was the size of a large wallet it could have been put in this person's pants and that would have been the end of it.  (Or checked in the office & picked up at the conclusion of the auction).

Lastly, in regards to the door attendant 'rudely' declining entrance to the auction, it is within any company's rights to refuse service and, frankly, I'm surprised that the door attendant (I'm assuming your referring to the office staff as there is no 'door attendant' at TLC) felt the need to eject you from the property- not because that would be discriminatory (as I said all businesses have that right) but because in the twenty years I have visited TLC I have witnessed their office staff deal with countless rude, ungrateful, and hostile customers and they have always dealt with them with grace, patience, and the utmost professionalism.

I completely disagree with the ripoff report previously published and would encourage everyone to support TLC Auctions/The Liquidation Company in Fontana.  The original report sounds like it was published by someone who was probably tired from their long drive and didn't stop to think about the situation logically before turning the situation into something that was much bigger than it needed it be.  It sounds to me like it could have all been avoided with a simple bag check.  I hope TLC Auctions is in business for 20 more years- and I hope the bag check policy continues for my safety, for my fellow auction-goers safety, and for my merchandise's safety.