Complaint Review: The Liquidation Team

• Updated: Tue, June 10, 2014

• Reported By: mrbarefoot325 — Denver Colorado
The Liquidation Team
Internet USA

The Liquidation Team WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE IN SEVERAL YEARS! Orem, UT Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We worked things out?

I bought an Asus computer from the Liquidation Team on eBay. The item had serious power related issues and physical damage. When I asked LT about this and returning it, they said I should call Asus support, and I could roll the dice with with their 15% restocking fee. I called Asus, and Asus recommended I return it to LT. LT refused to pay return shipping, because their stated terms. They sent several long emails defending their position, how much money it costs them to deal with people like me, etc.

IN SHORT: They sent a broken item. They should have gladly offered to pay to send it back to them, and not threatened a restocking fee.

Throughout our interaction, I gave them several opportunities to change course and make this right, but this was THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE I'VE HAD IN YEARS! Beware of this seller if the item is damaged/broken. They will likely treat you with similar disrespect, as they clearly lack of understanding of what it means to provide good customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2014 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Liquidation-Team/internet/The-Liquidation-Team-WORST-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-EXPERIENCE-IN-SEVERAL-YEARS-Orem-UT-Interne-1145769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Liquidation Team

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We worked things out?

AUTHOR: The Liquidation Team - ()

This was an eBay transaction. We were the seller of the Asus tablet computer. We tested the item before we sold it on eBay. After the buyer had the unit for a little while they contacted us letting us know that the item was not working correctly. The problem the buyer was describing could have been a power configuration setting, a software problem that could be resolved easily (and could have been caused by the buyer), or it could have been a defect with the tablet. We asked the buyer to give us more information and try a few troubleshooting steps to determine which was causing the problem. The buyer didn't want to work with us on following any of the steps, the buyer just wanted to send the table back for a refund. We told the buyer that he could do that, and if the tablet was defective we would give him a full refund. However we told the buyer that if the tablet was found to be working just fine and the problem was just a configuration setting, or a software problem that was caused by end user error that there are restocking fees involved with returning the unit. That is our eBay policy for transactions through eBay. There are fees and expenses incurred by the seller on eBay transactions, we charge restocking fees to cover these expenses if a buyer returns an item through no fault of ours or the item we sold.

This buyer became upset when we informed him of this possibility of restocking fees, etc. The buyer thought we were trying to discharge our responsibility for the item. We were not, but that is what the buyer thought. We had a miscommunication that upset the buyer. The buyer left us negative feedback on eBay and aparently on this site as well.

I ended up talking to the buyer on the phone. We worked out the miscommunication and the buyer ended up revising their feedback that they left for us on eBay. We could have handled the situation better, and it would have avoided the miscommunication. But I thought everything had been worked out with the buyer.