Complaint Review: The Loan Shop, Westbury Ventures, DMS Marketing

• Submitted: Sat, December 22, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2007

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
The Loan Shop, Westbury Ventures, DMS Marketing
2756 Green Valley Parkway, Suite 871 Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

The Loan Shop, Westbury Ventures, DMS Marketing Fraudulently Debited My Checking Account Henderson Nevada

I've had the same experience as many of the others who have filed reports on here. I did not apply for a loan with The Loan Shop or Westbury Ventures at any time and they made an unauthorized debit from my checking account for $390.00.

When I tried to do an internet search to find out who they were, I found all these complaints filed on the Ripoff Report, and found a phone number for them. I spoke to a woman who would identify herself only as "Miss Lowe", and who refused to give me any details on the debit. When I asked for proof to show what this payment was for, and when I had authorized it, she said no, she wasn't going to do that. I told her I was going to file a report with the Las Vegas-Henderson Police Department for fraud, and she said "go ahead, I'll show them what I have here", but still refused to share her information with me, and then hung up on me.

I went to my bank, and took several printouts from The Ripoff Report that showed where others had been hit with unauthorized debits in the same exact amount of $390, and told them the withdrawal was done without my consent. They did a reverse pay and returned the money to my account. I also found out that The Loan Shop had tried to make another withdrawal of $200 from my account, but fortunately the bank had returned it. I asked the bank to please feel free to call these guys and try to get some sort of proof, and the bank teller received the same refusal and hostile response that I got, which may have also helped in getting my money back into my account.

I then had to turn around and close my account and open a different one.

Other than the Ripoff Report, is there a place to report this company where something can be done about them? I see all these complaints against them from all over the country...how is it that they are still in business?

Kathy
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2007 01:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Loan-Shop-Westbury-Ventures-DMS-Marketing/Henderson-Nevada-89052/The-Loan-Shop-Westbury-Ventures-DMS-Marketing-Fraudulently-Debited-My-Checking-Account-H-293798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Loan Shop, Westbury Ventures, DMS Marketing