Complaint Review: The Lottery Coordinator, International

• Updated: Wed, February 02, 2005

• Reported By:Brookfield Massachusetts
The Lottery Coordinator, International
Internet South Africa

The Lottery Coordinator International Emailed me that I won $2.8,000,000.00 Ripoff Auckland Park, South Africa

International Emailed me that I won $2.8,000,000.00 and I found it listed as an internet scam in Google search

On 2/1/05 I received an email stating that I had "emerged as one of the winners of the COLLIERS SWEEPSTAKES SPECIAL PROGRAMS" and was selected from 25,000 computer ballot system names and "therefore been awarded $2.8,000,000.00 in cash."

I remembered what Ripoff.com and the Federal Trade Commission advised me, to check the facts first. When I put a search in Google, the first thing that came up was that this was an internet scam, by a number of people. Glad I didn't call, even tho' the letter looked so official. What warned me the wording "we request that you keep this award strictly from public notice until the entire process of your claim has been completed, and your certified banker's Cheque sent to you."

From past experience, when the call is made they require all your checking account information and gain access to your accounts. Beware!

Rebecca
Brookfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2005 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Lottery-Coordinator-International/internet/The-Lottery-Coordinator-International-Emailed-me-that-I-won-2800000000-Ripoff-Aucklan-129906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Lottery Coordinator, International