Complaint Review: The MRA Group

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: jodell — Spirit lake Iowa
The MRA Group
18000 Studebaker Rd. Suite 700 Cerritos, California USA

The MRA Group, The Mortgage Relief Advocates. Alexander McDavis: Senior account manager. Sarah Ellen; customer care. Jasmine Mendez; customer care I was contacted by the MRA Group saying they could save my home. I am out $850.00. Had file bankruptcy to save my home. Took unauthorized money out of a checking account. Cerritos California

At the end of June 2013 i was contacted by The MRA Group in Cerritos Ca. They told me they could save my home and that i caulified for a home loan modification. They assured me that, the sheriffs sale would not happen on my home which was schedualed for the 30th of July, 2013.

I explained that i have been ill and out of work, and are in the process of filling for SSI. I have been diagnoised with Fibromyalgia, Lupas, RA, Spinal Stenosis and i get sick offten especially when i am stressed out.

I sent them $850.00 to start the process. I filled out all kinds of paper work ad submitted that. On the evening of the 25th of July at a little after 7pm, i was contacted by them stating they had e-mailed me Bankruptcy papers and that i had to have it filed on friday morning the 26th of July, 2013. They referred to it as an "Emergency Bankruptcy". If i did not do this then the Sheriff's sale will go as schedualed. I had to drive to Sioux City, Iowa (which is about 175 miles from home) on that day and act as my own attorney. They told me to file the papers and then i could stop it later. This cost me an additional $306.00 to file not to mention the gas money.

I found out that they took unauthorized funds out of my checking, which caused me to close that account. I am still in my home for now and i am filing bankruptcy because of them. I have saved all documents, printed all e-mail, saved all vioce mails, and have all of the names of the people involved.

Please help me put a stop to these people so that they do not do this to anyone else. If you have attorneys that would be willing to help please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-MRA-Group/Cerritos-California-90703/The-MRA-Group-The-Mortgage-Relief-Advocates-Alexander-McDavis-Senior-account-manager-1082314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The MRA Group