Complaint Review: The Marvin Group, LLC

• Reported By: Joseph — Frankfort Indiana United States of America
The Marvin Group, LLC
5505 Buckhollow Dr Alpharetta, Georgia United States of America

The Marvin Group, LLC liars, scam artists, frauds Alpharetta , Georgia

In August of 2012, I was contacted by the Marvin Group to sell my business. I had taken a job in Indiana because we did not have the cash flow to keep the business going and I needed health insurance because of health issues.

An employedd of The Marvin Group came out for a visit. When asked how much we wanted for the business I gave them a low ball figure for a quick sale. I was just looking to get out of it enough money to pay off my debts. Of course they wanted to go in for a higher amount for a higher commission.

At the very beginning they requested an upfront payment of $1900. We were told that this was earnest money to show that we were really interested in selling the business. But, they also told us we would get a full refund if we sold the business before they did or if they couldn't sell in in a timely manner. If they sold it, the money would be applied to their commission. But we made certain that we would get a refund if we sold it or they could not. This was also put forth to Tommy Farmer, founder of this little group.

Once we handed over the money, it took 2 months to get our company listed. It took that long because various key people went on vacation such as the manager or the web designer.

During the 4 months that it has been listed, we have not heard one peep from them.

We've kept the business going for as long as we can and have decided to close the business down and file for bankruptcy.

My wife called the Group on Friday, Jan 18, 2013 to ask for a refund. She was told they had 2 interested parties that called but didn't go beyond a single call. Tommy would be back the following Monday and he would talk to her.

He called her Monday to inform her that the money was already spent during the first 2 weeks and we would not be getting a refund back. It would only apply to the commission and we should read the contract closer. He did ask her if we wanted to delist the business. No refund, just delisting.

Within the next 2 weeks, I will be contacting a lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Marvin-Group-LLC/Alpharetta-Georgia-30005/The-Marvin-Group-LLC-liars-scam-artists-frauds-Alpharetta-Georgia-1000663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Marvin Group, LLC