Complaint Review: The Menu Man

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: Ethical Sales Pro — Sheridan Wyoming United States of America
The Menu Man
1338 Commerce Ave Longview, Washington United States of America

The Menu Man BP Publishing, Inc Rip-Off company cheats sales people out of commissions Longview, Washington

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: The Truth

*Consumer Comment: My Dealings With This Company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You still owe me

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Staements

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Menu Man

This company does historical menus for restaurants. The offer advertising down each side of the menu. The ad space is sold to local business owners. These ads cover the cost of the menu plus a huge profit.

This company hires 1099 employees to sell the ad space by cold calling local business owners. It takes 15 ads to produce a menu.

I sold 22 paid ad spaces on a restaurant. I collected checks on 15 ads up front and another seven contracts where the companies mailed in the checks within a 3 weeek time frame. The company still owes me for $50 on the first 15, $320 on the additional 7, and a $100 bonus for selling over 20. I repeatedly asked to be paid the additional $470 and was told the additional seven ad checks were never sent. I called every one of them and talked to the owners. They all sent in the checks, gave me dates and check numbers. The crooks at The Menu Man now will not talk to me.

I talked to Ted Westy initially and he told me none of the additional seven ever sent a check. He said this happens all the time. I told him and didn't believe him and I would check and get back to him. I can't get past the receptionist but I have left messages telling them I know they are lying and I want paid. They are obviously used to ripping off their sales people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Menu-Man/Longview-Washington-98632/The-Menu-Man-BP-Publishing-Inc-Rip-Off-company-cheats-sales-people-out-of-commissions-Lo-839255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Menu Man

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

The Truth

AUTHOR: Misunderstood - ()

David,

The stupidity lies in the hands of the government. As a company we wish we could put whatever the company chooses. Unfortantly the government does not allow for that. Fact 1 If we allow religious ads on the menu's we have to allow all religious ads, no matter what religion it is. Fact 2 it's not a company policy it's the law. Fact 3 you above everbody should know this because freedom of religion acts. As a company we can't change the law that protects you and the this country so the government tells us. We did refund your money, we are not perfect mistakes happened for that I do apologize.

My Dealings With This Company

AUTHOR: David - ()

I am so amazed at the small minded thinking of some businesses .We placed an ad with a local restaurant in one of the menu pages….This was last year and low and behold it was never included even though they cashed the payment (the menu company) …They came back again for an ad this year and when we went over the page is when we discovered that it had not been included even though we had the proof and a menu mock up. We called the main office and they said do the firing of the woman that had the account, we must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Ok fair enough, things do happen. She offered to place an ad in this years at no charge and that she would double the size. Great… well guess what, it was not included in this years!! I called the local restaurant and they put me in touch with the rep for the company. She proceeds to look up the info. She asked if anybody had spoken to me about the content. I said no and that we had an approved proof. She said that because we have” reiki “listed, they were not able to do the ad because it was a religion. I was speechless…. I said are you kidding me. She said that company policy does not allow for any ads to have religious connections. I explained that reiki was not a religion and gave her my explanation of what it is. She said well you also have shamanism listed and that is not allowed either. I asked why and she replied that “ If we allowed that then we would have to let the Christians put their ads on it as well”. I am stunned at this this. Then she proceeded to say that they would have to let devil worshipers put their ads on it. This completely floored me. How do you combat stupidity??? And the fact that they did not say anything about it and still kept my money…. This went on for a while and I don’t want to get into the intense conversation that  proceeded. After a while she did say they will be mailing me out a refund tomorrow…….Who wants to do business with this type of mentality. Not I and I urge you to share this with any of your business friends. The company is called The Menu Man.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You still owe me

AUTHOR: PApissed - (United States of America)

And Ken you know what i am talking about

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Staements

AUTHOR: Ken - (United States of America)

I would like to correct this review. First, notice that there are no names or facts. His name is Tom Dolan

First he said that he collected 22 paid ads, 15 of which he had collected. If 15 were collected then there was no 22 paid ads. It would be 15 paid ads. Kind of a math thing I guess. The $450 for the first 15 ads was paid. He neglects to say that I had money gramed him a $40 draw via Walmart 2 days earlier ( You're welcome Tom....... very unthankful huh ? ). Our contract that he signed states that we  pay commission on paid for ads only. If you sign contracts that you are unwilling to honor, who does that make untrustworthy?? Anyone who had ever sold advertising knows that you collect the money up front. Thats why we train sales reps to collect the money. We honor every word of our contracts. Its unfortunate that others seem to not want to and then complain about it. Tom sold the ads the first 2 weeks of January. He quit, he was paid and the complaining started. He lived in his motorhome and stopped contact. When he first started he advised us that most of the time his cell phone had no signal.  Then 4 of the seven paid from the end of Febuary thru the first of March, only after I turned them over to amother sales rep to collect. That rep got paid commission per our contract. The other 3 NEVER paid and did not appear on the menu. We pay commissions acording to a signed contract. Tom Dolan agreed to this prior to his start.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Menu Man

AUTHOR: Steve Coyote - (United States of America)

To the person who filed the report about Menu Man. I have a company that dose the same type of advertising. I pay the highest commission in the industry. I need experienced managers. Contact me Steve@coyotemktg.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC