- Report: #845310
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: The Mexico Travel Company
The Mexico Travel Company500 Mar de Caribe Ote., La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, N Nayarit, Select State/Province United States of America
The Mexico Travel Company You Aren't Going Anywhere with this Unethical Travel Company Nayarit, Other
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The Mexico Travel Company seems to be an unethical and questionable business and their practices and documentation are incomplete and misleading to say the least.
I'm easygoing and have traveled internationally my whole life and this is one of the worst companies
I've had to communicate with.
This company advertises specials through lots of social deals/networking sites like Eversave, iCoupon online, Urban Dealight and others. Their "deals" are very misleading and have secret terms and conditions that are not revealed to the consumer until after the fact (and even then, not in writing).
I'm not just one disgruntled customer. Six of my friends bought a deal administered through this company and we all regret it. Also - check out the other disturbing details customers have written on TripAdvisor.com
Here are just a few of the issues that have arisen in my attempt to use a travel voucher with this company:
* The original "Deal" language misled users into thinking the reservation was for the Mayan Palace property, but in fact it was for a smaller, lesser property called Ocean Breeze Resort. Nowhere in the fine print was that delineated.
* The customer service people do not return phone calls or emails.
* The company refused to provide me with written documentation of the terms & conditions of the deal (the fine print).
*They use a prohibitively laborious process for requesting dates of availability at the property, thus discouraging customers.
*They assert that group trips are forbidden, but will not provide any documentation to support this. (When several of my friends independently purchased this coupon, we were told six months later that this constituted a "group.")
We need to get the word out that this company has ethically questionable practices.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Mexico-Travel-Company/Nayarit-Select-StateProvince-/The-Mexico-Travel-Company-You-Arent-Going-Anywhere-with-this-Unethical-Travel-Company-Na-845310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.